Wiki Posts
Search

QANTAS v BA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Platinum
QANTAS v BA

Recently arrived in UK Qantas Platinum member trying to work out if I should continue to use Qantas Program on BA or Start BA membership, finding it very difficult to get any help or advice from either Qantas or BA. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
There are a few threads on this both here and on the Qantas page.

There are many factors to consider.
How long will you be in the UK for?
What are your travel habits likely to be?
What are your long term FF membership goals?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
These are a few of the recent threads that might have some useful information:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-transfer.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...antas-ffp.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...australia.html
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Originally Posted by Toothpick13
Recently arrived in UK Qantas Platinum member trying to work out if I should continue to use Qantas Program on BA or Start BA membership, finding it very difficult to get any help or advice from either Qantas or BA. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Given everyone’s situation is unique, it’s not really a question QF or BA can answer. The two posts above raise valid questions and recent threads.

I moved from Oz 8 years ago, maintained crediting to QF and will reach Lifetime Gold next year. After that I’ll move to BA as I don’t get enough AA flights to enjoy their low taxes on redemptions. The attraction of BA’s Lifetime Gold (QF Platinum) is also there.

You really need to ask yourself what will work best for you.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Going for LTG on QF was something I went for. Then switched to BA, why?
1. The four flights a year on QF was a challenge. And resulted in spending money just to reach it.
2. Most of my flights were on BA and I was missing upgrades (free, points or Guf). No to mention the easy 100k bonuses they were throwing around at gate tine.
3. BA is a good program for those who can reach gold and ggl.
4. The amount I flew got me to ggl. I would have the right number of miles for P1 but the wrong mix. So it irked me that I flew enough for the status above the rest but would not reach it.
5. My journey was made easier by having a ton of LH flying when senator gave some great benefits. That helped the switch.

At the end of the day, it is much easier to have a program in the market that it focuses on.

KF
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:07 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Toothpick13
Welcome to Flyertalk Toothpick13 and welcome to the BA Forum, it's good to see you here and I hope you will be able to stay part of this interesting corner of the internet.

I think a key part to this is identifying what in the ideal world you look for in a frequent flyer programme, and perhaps where Qantas isn't doing what you want. Another key issue is whether you are able to get the 2 to 4 eligible flights on BA or IB to reach the relevant BAEC status level, if that's a chore to do then it may be a chore that doesn't go away.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
No to mention the easy 100k bonuses they were throwing around at gate tine.
What are these ‘easy 100k bonuses’ thrown around at gate tine by BA? (Time, I guess? But remain puzzled by the bonuses.)
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:04 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Thomathy
What are these ‘easy 100k bonuses’ thrown around at gate tine by BA? (Time, I guess? But remain puzzled by the bonuses.)
gate tine = that time (that's my guess) but not sure what it is in reference to. Perhaps the bonus on flying in the old first cabin but even that wasn't 100k afaik. Not seen any credit card bonuses in that region either.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:23 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Thomathy
i was wondering the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.