Wiki Posts
Search

Fare construction of purchased ticket

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2017, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
Question Fare construction of purchased ticket

I have an upcoming DFW-IAH-LHR (and back) itinerary in BA WT+, which I will be crediting to AAdvantage. The domestic segments (DFW-IAH/IAH-DFW) are obviously booked into AA economy (BA fare code B).

AAdvantage elite status qualification requires meeting two thresholds - elite qualifying miles (EQM) and elite qualifying dollars (EQD), so I am trying to determine if it is possible to know how many EQD I will earn for this trip, particularly the domestic segments. AAdvantage has two different methods of determining the EQD for a segment. When fare information for the segment is available, EQD earnings are simply the fare paid for the segment; when fare information is not available, EQD are earned based on the fare class and mileage.
This is my first BA ticket with segments on AA metal. My experience with CX codeshares on AA metal is that they earn EQD based on the "fare" method. I assume that if CX is sending fare information to AA, BA will do the same - if there actually is separate fare information for the AA segments.

Which finally brings me to my question. Is there a way to see the fare construction of a purchased BA ticket?
Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Am I missing some point as to why you didn't book this on AA stock?
Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Not sure what all you need but you can find the fare class if you find the booking on MMB on ba.com and click on "more info"
Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I am not aware of any way to view the fare calculation line of the ticket on ba.com, nor any third party sites like checkmytrip which shows this. Maybe some of the eticket receipts the airport staff print would include this?

I'm not sure it would do you much good, even if you could get it, as I suspect the fare would be calculated as a through fare (i.e. DFW to LHR) with the connection points only a routing restriction.

In such cases the fare calc line would look something like this:
DFW AA X/IAH BA LON 000.00NUC 000.00 END ROE1.00

The fare (the 000.00NUC after LON) would be valid all the way through and not divided on a per flight basis.

Last edited by CitySlacker; Sep 1, 2017 at 1:54 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Sep 1, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Try going to https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plne...&SITE=XCMTXXNS (thanks to CWS for this link) and entering your BA record locator. Once your booking appears, click 'E-Ticket receipt' at the top, then '+ view details' by the document number in the middle of the page. This will expand and show your itinerary, then the fare details - with any luck you'll get the construction you're looking for (it's working for a redemption booking I just flew).

As @CitySlacker mentioned though, it's very likely to be a through fare - which may not be any more help than not knowing...
Old Sep 1, 2017, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by JAXBA
Try going to https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plne...&SITE=XCMTXXNS (thanks to CWS for this link) and entering your BA record locator. Once your booking appears, click 'E-Ticket receipt' at the top, then '+ view details' by the document number in the middle of the page. This will expand and show your itinerary, then the fare details - with any luck you'll get the construction you're looking for (it's working for a redemption booking I just flew).

As @CitySlacker mentioned though, it's very likely to be a through fare - which may not be any more help than not knowing...
Perfect!

The fare calculation is:

Code:
DFW BA X/HOU BA LON M607.50BA X/HOU BA DFW M607.50NUC1215.00END ROE1.000000 XF DFW4.5IAH4.5IAH4.5
This does indeed look like a through fare, which actually is helpful. I suspect that I will earn EQD based on the distance method for all segments.

It's still a mystery whether I will earn based on the BA fare code (B) or the (still unknown) AA fare code.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 6:32 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by PlatinumScum
It's still a mystery whether I will earn based on the BA fare code (B) or the (still unknown) AA fare code.
Good! Glad it worked for you.

I believe the equivalent of BA's B class is H class on AA. Could always call AA and ask for the Sabre locator and the booking class.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 12:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, FPC Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
The AA fare code is irrelevant, because this is a BA marketed fare the %ge method will use BA's B class fare, which will produce 20% of distance in EQD. I don't know if AA uses 500 mile minima for calculating EQDs, but if they do that will give you an extra few EQDs as a result.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: UA*S, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by AC*SE
The AA fare code is irrelevant, because this is a BA marketed fare the %ge method will use BA's B class fare, which will produce 20% of distance in EQD. I don't know if AA uses 500 mile minima for calculating EQDs, but if they do that will give you an extra few EQDs as a result.
sadly no, the 500 mile minimum only applies to EQMs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.