Search

WT+ CW UK-SIN in March

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
WT+ CW UK-SIN in March

HI All.

In my recent WT+ thread many people said I could get club for same price as BA WT+ to Asia from GLA, EDI, LHR, LGW per pax (one pax from LHR/LGW and one form GLA/EDI). I've found that to be true but only because WT+ is £1400 more than WT (so much for NOT being a premium cabin). Only flying OW off course.

I'm looking at a trip from UK to SIN and don't mind going via one stop EG HEL. I would do DOH but prefer one long flight to sleep, unless I get a better cabin that way). Dates are 20/03/2018 +/- 1 day RTN 29/03/2018 +1 day

WT QR £530 ex EDI
WT CX £690 for similar
WT BA £630 on route I've done before.

WT+ £1,900 for same search on QR

CW £1900 on QR

I've also looked at routing via Thailand of Malaysia

Is there a better way to get WT+ or CW on OW for about £1400?

If so can you offer advice. This will help educate me for the future. Would it be worth while getting an Expert flyer account? I do something similar every month but not so far in advance.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:40 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by GlasgowCyclops

WT QR £530 ex EDI

CW £1900 on QR
How price sensitive are you? How determined to fly W/J ?

£530 in Y with QR seems a good price to me, particularly compared to the J cost.

Have you looked at Ex-EU with QR? I'm sure I've seen quotes of circa £1000 for this sort of trip (no personal experience).
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
Using the ITA Matrix tool all I can see is Cathay from Amsterdam via HKG is about £1,650 on those dates. Finnair from LHR (via HEL) is £1,870.

I'm fairly new to the ITA Matrix tool (guide elsewhere in this forum) so experts may find something else. I'd suggest trying it to search for various start points and dates to suit you. I've been looking at some work trips for late 2017 to Asia and there are prices down at £1,300 in CW on BA but you do have to start on the continent somewhere.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:56 am

I know you said you wanted to stick with OW, however the QR return timings I can see look terrible.

Turkish are coming up at £1544 with good timings.

No personal experience with TK or connecting in IST. As this is a few months away, I would be inclined to see if a sale comes up or a great ex-EU deal with QR or BA in the next couple of months.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I can see BA doing a DUS to SIN in CW for £1588 on these dates.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 5:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by krispy84
Have you looked at Ex-EU with QR? I'm sure I've seen quotes of circa £1000 for this sort of trip (no personal experience).
I did SIN from ARN via DOH in July, for £1078 in J. Booked in the QR sale in January.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 5:13 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Italy is a very good option for SIN as well. BCN or ARN for WTP.

£1,900 on QR is an excellent price from the UK to SIN. You can also combine it with an economy return, as SIN-DOH-EDI can be done as a day flight and is not too painful.

DOH-SIN is a long flight anyway, so you should still get plenty of sleep, with time for dinner in the lounge first.

Old Aug 18, 2017, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Thanks for the reply folks.

we are having a policy rethink and may start allowing WT+ if not too expensive compared to WT.

in general if I can get an upgrade for £400 more than WT I'm happy.

regards
GC
Old Aug 18, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
CX launched their Autumn sale today. Some good prices in W to Singapore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.