Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to upgrade a rewards flight on BA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is it possible to upgrade a rewards flight on BA?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways
Just as a side note to the above, I chose my seat this evening and it let me pick 1A. 1K is still open. I have no status with BA so am hopeful nobody takes 1K haha!
Old Aug 19, 2017, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by AnaisAig
Just as a side note to the above, I chose my seat this evening and it let me pick 1A. 1K is still open. I have no status with BA so am hopeful nobody takes 1K haha!
Just remember that the sun will be coming in through the windows of 1A on this flight. Having said that have a great flight.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
Just remember that the sun will be coming in through the windows of 1A on this flight. Having said that have a great flight.
I just changed to 1K
Old Aug 19, 2017, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by AnaisAig
I just changed to 1K
Having sat in both going westbound I think you've made a smart decision. ^
Old Aug 19, 2017, 7:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Remember to make use of the new gold fast track, CCR in LHR, and through You First (contact number you will find in manage your booking) you can reserve a spa treatment.

Glad to see someone enjoying First :-)
Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:25 am

We have a rewards flight next month Cph-Jfk booked in wt+
Can i upgrade Lhr-Jfk to cw and how much is that in cash.
Return is in cw.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I'm a little perplexed by this.

Have an economy reward booking. Just spotted there's Club Europe available now.

But it's not possible to upgrade without cancelling the reward booking - subject to the fee per passenger, of course - which is a bit disappointing.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 1:21 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
I'm a little perplexed by this.

But it's not possible to upgrade without cancelling the reward booking - subject to the fee per passenger, of course - which is a bit disappointing.
if you want to go in to CE then that’s a change rather than a upgrade with avios. This does mean it will incur the change fee of £35 per person. An upgrade with avios is only possible for an underlying cash booking and not for a reward booking.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks

If the economy ticket is a one-way RFS, it's should be cheaper to cancel and rebook (pay £17.50 cancellation fee) than to upgrade/change the existing booking (pay £35.00 change fee). If it's a round-trip RFS, it should be the same either way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.