Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrading from wt to wt+

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Upgrading from wt to wt+

Has anyone successfully managed to upgrade from wt to wt+ on the lowest economy fare classes?

my ticket is booked directly with Ba
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:14 pm

I have using a POUG quite a few times, both to YVR and JFK. Assuming you mean O, Q and G as lowest fares
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by haroon145
Has anyone successfully managed to upgrade from wt to wt+ on the lowest economy fare classes?

my ticket is booked directly with Ba
Q, O and G class cannot be upgraded with Avios, but can often be upgraded with cash. If this is an option in the circumstances of your flight, there will be an option in the Manage My Booking section of the BA Website, and this is also available in the App.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks the agent who booked my ticket on the phone mis-advised me then

He even said he will speak to revenue management to see if they can open up availability for me

i booked a few days ago travel is for October from Dublin to yvr then yyz to london
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:28 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

He even said he will speak to revenue management to see if they can open up availability for me

i booked a few days ago travel is for October from Dublin to yvr then yyz to london
Were you looking to upgrade with avios? What selling class are your long haul flights in? I assume you are doing DUB-LHR-YVR/YYZ-LHR?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
Were you looking to upgrade with avios? What selling class are your long haul flights in? I assume you are doing DUB-LHR-YVR/YYZ-LHR?
thats right to upgrade the long haul with Avios. Current booking class is O
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:36 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
thats right to upgrade the long haul with Avios. Current booking class is O
Ah ok. Then unfortunately it can't be done as noted by others above. This is shown on BA.com. Do keep an eye out for cash upgrade offers - i.e. POUGs or AUPs though.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ing-with-avios

Most cash bookings can be upgraded with Avios either at the time of booking or later on, depending on availability. Only the lowest economy fares (Q, O and G) cannot be upgraded with Avios at any time. There must be reward flight availability in the next cabin for you to be able to upgrade to it using Avios. You won’t be able to upgrade with Avios at the airport or on board
Old Aug 10, 2017, 4:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I've upgraded O fares at the airport - and as KARFA says, you may get an offer before you check in (but this is highly unlikely on DUB-LHR-YYZ, or any fare with a connection).

If you have status, YYZ can also be quite good for getting upgraded as the planes are often full.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cymro
I've upgraded O fares at the airport - and as KARFA says, you may get an offer before you check in (but this is highly unlikely on DUB-LHR-YYZ, or any fare with a connection).

If you have status, YYZ can also be quite good for getting upgraded as the planes are often full.
thanks I am gold so fingers crossed
Old Aug 11, 2017, 1:14 am

Programs: AA EXP
thanks I am gold so fingers crossed
pointing out the obvious. As a gold catch the exit seats now. A good alternative to WT+
Old Aug 11, 2017, 1:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seaskybound
pointing out the obvious. As a gold catch the exit seats now. A good alternative to WT+
yeah I have exits assigned luckily they were the last ones are they better than any wt+ seat
Old Aug 11, 2017, 2:05 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
yeah I have exits assigned luckily they were the last ones are they better than any wt+ seat
No, but they're not vastly worse. You will have good legroom, but less width and less recline. You won't be disturbed (as much) by people climbing over you, though - in that respect any exit seat is better than a WTP middle. Depending on your body shape you might also find that the WTP footrest offers good leg support, which you won't get in a WT exit row.

Edit: economy seat width is better on the 777 than on the 787 - I've only flown the 787 in J but from wha I understand, WTP is likely to be a significant upgrade unless you are not at all broad shouldered or wide around the waist.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 2:07 am

Not even BA staff can speak to revenue management.Perhaps he is married to a RM staff member.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 2:19 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Cymro
No, but they're not vastly worse. You will have good legroom, but less width and less recline. You won't be disturbed (as much) by people climbing over you, though - in that respect any exit seat is better than a WTP middle. Depending on your body shape you might also find that the WTP footrest offers good leg support, which you won't get in a WT exit row.

Edit: economy seat width is better on the 777 than on the 787 - I've only flown the 787 in J but from wha I understand, WTP is likely to be a significant upgrade unless you are not at all broad shouldered or wide around the waist.
I agree with this. Good exit seat WT >= Middle WT+
The food is also the same as WT except the main dish of first meal is a Club dish (to which you will say to yourself "people pay £2000 more and get this??") Use your gold to eat in the lounge before flight....

There is a not great demi-sec cava available in WT+ but if there is left over u can get it in WT as well.

All in all with a good exit seat you are OK and upgrade if the price is really good (I have not seen good POUG or AUP prices WT to WT+ on the routes I take, I do sometime purchase upfront if the price is good mostly because I get 3X AA miles etc)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.