Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Change of Fare Code after Rebooking of an UuA Sector

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver

BA rescheduled a flight in November from a 17:55 departure to 20:35. I was on this flight in CW, after UuA from WTP. Since the new timing did not work for me I called the Gold line and asked to be rebooked on the earlier flight. It took the agent a long while but he finally got approval and rebooked me.

When I checked the booking using MyFlights App I noticed that the fare-code changed from U (the usual code of reward CW bookings) to I (the cheapest CW code of revenue bookings). I suspect this relates to the fact that there was no award availability on the early flight and I am thankful to BA that accommodated my request.

Is this indeed the reason for the change in the fare-code? Is it meaningful in any way?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: LH SEN
Yes, had a schedule change on JFK-LHR in Jan and the same thing happened, fare bucket changed from U to I. This is expected when involuntary rerouting is in question (= same cabin, but not same fare code required).
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:59 am

You are right....however do not be surprised if at some point it goes back to u class. The agent will book off lowest in cabin and should then ask rev man to amend to u class.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Thanks; I had a similar thing during IRROP when the code changed from U to J but this was done in the last minute by an AA agent in SAN lounge. I ended up getting J's TP and avios
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
Thanks; I had a similar thing during IRROP when the code changed from U to J but this was done in the last minute by an AA agent in SAN lounge. I ended up getting J's TP and avios
Which is why the agent should get it amended to u class . Quite often overlooked and tier points and avios are credited.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by cbagent
You are right....however do not be surprised if at some point it goes back to u class. The agent will book off lowest in cabin and should then ask rev man to amend to u class.
In which case you will need to re-request your seats.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA6501
In which case you will need to re-request your seats.
Speaking of which, and without having to do with the time change, this trip turned from a dream (two legs on the UD of the 747 and two on the 787 all in CW) to a nearly nightmare (all on 4 class 777s now)

But I know, it could be worse

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.