Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Cancelled BA flight disruption expenses claim : hotel room paid for with points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelled BA flight disruption expenses claim : hotel room paid for with points

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Wait - they kept your points AND charged your card for a one night rate too? That's insane.

I'd be very upset about that. I must admit I've never noticed that part of their t&cs.
Woah! I wasn't aware of that either.

In fact if you could be bothered to take it through MCOL, I think you'd have a good chance of a court ruling that unfair and therefore unlawful.

Charging for the night in either points OR cash seems fair. Charging twice does not.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Woah! I wasn't aware of that either.

In fact if you could be bothered to take it through MCOL, I think you'd have a good chance of a court ruling that unfair and therefore unlawful.

Charging for the night in either points OR cash seems fair. Charging twice does not.
Especially if the esteemed Moderator is a Diamond member which is the elite tier.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: BA, SW, IAG
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
attitude.

Being passed back and forth between hotel, central reservations and HH, each agent of the sentiment "I can't do this. <Someone else> can. Call them <on a number I'll give you but won't work from your location>. Now go away"

Being told, on webchat :
Oxon Flyer, have you posted on their twitter or facebook pages?

Social media can sometimes gets results.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 11:29 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

I had a similar situation with a Westin once and a Hilton once.

Same situation for both - they refused to help at all, and I lost the night but then again the airline paid for a hotel at my revised nightstop. So all in all I paid the same as I expected to pay just staying at a different hotel/city.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.