Is BA reducing BHD flights from the Winter schedule?

Subscribe
I have just had a change of flight on my way home from BKK to BHD in December and another email about LHR to BHD in November.
It looks like the 1422 flight departure time has permanently changed from 19:25 to 18:45.
I don't have it to hand but seem to remember that my outbound flight to BKK in December has also had a flight change as they originally moved my departure from BHD to exactly the same time as the LHR to BKK flight was due to depart!
Does anyone know about this or any other domestic flight reductions? That change will cause me some issues as it means that I must leave central London sharpish from then on.
As a follow on, if I book the EI flight's through ba.com can I use the BHD lounge or am I treated like an EI passenger with no access? Same applies to EI in LHR. Can I use their lounge if flying in CE?
Yes, I think they are, I have the same problem

Flying from Miami in November, due into LHr at 6 45am.

Was originally booked on BA1430 departing LHr at 9 50am into BHD 11 15am

Have been rebooked on BA1416 departing LHR at 12 50pm into BHD 14 15pm

So nearly a six hour wait instead of three.

Not particularly happy about it, but at least we can wait in the Lounge

I did wonder if it was possible to be transferred onto an Aer Lingus flight???
Yes - from 6 flights a day to four
BHD is seeing a route reduction, I think it has been made public in a previous thread here, due to passenger numbers and the alternative EI service, I think it's the only Domestic location so affected, though SVG and BGO are losing their services altogether. I'm presuming the slots will be used elsewhere. KEF is going up to two flights a day, which is amusing for a location that BA stopped flying to for many years, but there is scope for other flight increases elsewhere.

Quote: Was originally booked on BA1430 departing LHr at 9 50am into BHD 11 15am

Have been rebooked on BA1416 departing LHR at 12 50pm into BHD 14 15pm
This was a surprise to me too, the exact timings are now not conducive to USA connections, and BHD-USA is quite renown as a popular connection. So BA operate at 06:20 and then 12:50 (approx), with an Aer Lingus / BA codeshare at 11:05. I guess many people will book the codeshare (wittingly or not) going forward, but that involves a terminal change. In your case you can certainly ask, but traditionally they've not been so keen to move people on to codeshares, mainly due the fact that the fare buckets don't always allow it.
Can someone please remove the apostrophe from the title. It's really bugging me. Thanks.
I don't think MAN is being reduced, but it's certainly being affected - the last LHR-MAN of the day keeps creeping earlier and earlier. Currently it's 2030, and I'm almost certain there used to be a later flight some years ago, around 2115-2130.

From the October schedule change this creeps forward to 1950, which seems to lose a bank of connections out of the EU. It's not possible to get a reasonable day in many EU cities (i.e. not departing before 5pm) and still get home to MAN the same evening using BA these days.

Also, the weekend service LHR-MAN is afflicted with huge gaps between flights, as the schedule is thinner.

I know part of the reason is that the fast Euston-Manchester train journey has eaten into the O&D traffic, but it seems a shame that BA now seems to consider this a reason to further reduce the offerings for domestic connecting traffic.

I guess I'll just be shunting more of my EU travel over to KLM.
Quote: Yes - from 6 flights a day to four
or three at the weekends!
Quote: Can someone please remove the apostrophe from the title. It's really bugging me. Thanks.
Me to.
Will the lounge last?
Quote: BHD is seeing a route reduction, I think it has been made public in a previous thread here, due to passenger numbers and the alternative EI service, I think it's the only Domestic location so affected, though SVG and BGO are losing their services altogether. I'm presuming the slots will be used elsewhere.
I think BA and EI are feeling the dual effects of the fare war / massacre between Easyjet and Ryanair on BFS - LGW, along with Flybe's LCY service getting established. The high yielding P2P traffic wants to be in central London by 9, which oddly this winter's BA schedule allows but previous schedules haven't done so reliably. EI have completely lost the plot on this point. BA also insist on bringing the last flight of the day forward relentlessly. Admittedly BHD closes at 2130 but an 1845 departure from T5 curtails the day in London a lot. At least there is a later service with EI.

Looks like BA is only going for the connections on this route, but as we're hearing 3-4 flights a day don't work all that well for the established flows. In addition, using EI to connect to T5 adds 30 min to the MCT breaking a lot of connections. I'd expect a lot of traffic to leach out to DUB (80 min by car) for its multiple services.

Another well done BA!
Quote: Can someone please remove the apostrophe from the title. It's really bugging me. Thanks.
To quote the late great Irish sports journalist Con Houlihan: "A man who will misuse an apostrophe is capable of anything"

:-:
The post was done on my mobile phone and predictive text has kicked in without me noticing. If someone tells me how to correct this I will certainly do so. Panda eats, shoots and leaves.

No one has commented on using the ba lounge in BHD if flying with EI!
Quote: BHD is seeing a route reduction, I think it has been made public in a previous thread here, due to passenger numbers and the alternative EI service, I think it's the only Domestic location so affected, though SVG and BGO are losing their services altogether. I'm presuming the slots will be used elsewhere. KEF is going up to two flights a day, which is amusing for a location that BA stopped flying to for many years, but there is scope for other flight increases elsewhere.

This was a surprise to me too, the exact timings are now not conducive to USA connections, and BHD-USA is quite renown as a popular connection. So BA operate at 06:20 and then 12:50 (approx), with an Aer Lingus / BA codeshare at 11:05. I guess many people will book the codeshare (wittingly or not) going forward, but that involves a terminal change. In your case you can certainly ask, but traditionally they've not been so keen to move people on to codeshares, mainly due the fact that the fare buckets don't always allow it.
I ran a non-statistical straw poll of my Belfast-based friends and none would fly BHD-LHR-XXX where XXX is in the USA. They would drive or take the coach to DUB.
Quote: I ran a non-statistical straw poll of my Belfast-based friends and none would fly BHD-LHR-XXX where XXX is in the USA. They would drive or take the coach to DUB.

Nine times out of ten we take the coach to Dublin and go from there with quite a saving ,this time, however, we booked a flight package to pick up a cruise with a flight to LHR and a coach transfer to Southampton and a return from Miami, so had to be BHD

Used a 2for1 flying First to Sydney in April next year and it had to start in BHD, hope they don't change those connections.
"In your case you can certainly ask, but traditionally they've not been so keen to move people on to codeshares, mainly due the fact that the fare buckets don't always allow it."

corporate-wage-slave, thank you for the above.

Have had a think and we will not try to change to EI, will just relax in the Lounge.