Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GLA bag drop opening time

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2017, 3:52 am
Original Poster

GLA bag drop opening time

How soon before a flight may I use bag drop at GLA? Status passengers in CE, connecting to long haul.
(Not our 'home' airport, and couldn't find this information in either MMB or in the forum dashboard).

Thanks,

ABZGirl
Old Jun 25, 2017, 3:55 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You can only check bags in from 2 hours before departure, GLA has a very small storage area, unlike EDI.

GLA is an oddity in the network in this area, so I'm surprised it's not in MMB under "other ways to check in", it certainly used to be.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Aargh - but thanks
It's definitely not in the 'other ways to check in' section.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by ABZGirl
How soon before a flight may I use bag drop at GLA? Status passengers in CE, connecting to long haul.
(Not our 'home' airport, and couldn't find this information in either MMB or in the forum dashboard).

Thanks,

ABZGirl
It is normally two hours. However, you can always ask because there are lots of flights from there so there is always a lot of staff. I've always found them to be great. One TOP tip is look at the normal line. It may be faster than Club/status lane.

I fly GLA CE all the time. You just need one person asking about something and the CE/Status check-in lane stops moving. They don't call the business lane to the other checking lanes. You can stand there only 3rd in the queue and the main line is whizzing by.

Meanwhile, there is a small desk to the right where there is usually two people standing and they could take the enquiry.

One of my major moans at GLA. I fly CE at least 2x/month form there and I've went to the back of the normal line a few times to get checked in faster.

Last edited by GlasgowCyclops; Jun 25, 2017 at 11:00 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.