Wiki Posts
Search

OT: Retail Travel Consultant Salary

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2017, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue
OT: Retail Travel Consultant Salary

I know this is off topic, so sorry about this, but this is the only place I can think of that would be able to answer this.

I applied for a job at a local independent travel agency, and they asked what my salary expectations were. I gave them a very vague figure, adding that it's too early at this stage to talk about wage without more information, so they sent me a job spec. I really don't know what the appropriate wage would be.

I have not worked in a travel shop before, but I have worked in hospitality for many years, lived in different countries, and travelled extensively.

Any advice this, helpful and knowledgeable community of wisdom could offer me would be great!

Thank you.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I suppose anything above £15,000 ! This is not at all even loosely related to BAEC
Old Jun 24, 2017, 2:43 am

There are lots of salary comparison sites out there. I've just found myself in a similar situation - I found glassdoor very useful. But Google will throw up plenty of others.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
There are lots of salary comparison sites out there. I've just found myself in a similar situation - I found glassdoor very useful. But Google will throw up plenty of others.
I did look at Google initially to see salaries, but I was getting such wildly different numbers, between £15-£30,000. I figured I better ask the people who work in the travel industry, first hand.

TY.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 2:55 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by RJD1983
I did look at Google initially to see salaries, but I was getting such wildly different numbers, between £15-£30,000. I figured I better ask the people who work in the travel industry, first hand.

TY.
it will depend on the job!

a travel consultant who earns 15k will not be doing the same job as a travel consultant who earns 30k (basic) even if they have the same title.

I'm afraid it's impossible to give you a steer of what you should be asking for without seeing you CV and without understanding what the role is you are applying for.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 3:09 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
As this thread has absolutely no connection to BA or BAEC and has received enough answers to get the OP a start we'll close it down at this point.

Members are gently reminded that it is important to stay on topic as much as possible. Your co-operation would be much appreciated.

Stay On Topic
FlyerTalk exists for the discussion of frequent flyer programs and the related travel experience. With the exception of the few areas specifically designated for the discussion of other topics, confine your comments as closely as possible to these topic areas and to the topic of the thread and forum in which you are posting.
/mod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.