Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

CCR Room 'Millionaires Door' re-opens...staff say here to stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CCR Room 'Millionaires Door' re-opens...staff say here to stay

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
They have been telling First passengers to use the CCR from when it first opened.
That's interesting, as I have been through the First wing at least 5 times since it opened and last week was the first time I was told about the CCR.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 7:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mikebg
That's interesting, as I have been through the First wing at least 5 times since it opened and last week was the first time I was told about the CCR.
But your access is via a CCR card? It is those travelling in F who are less likely to know what and where the CCR is.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: BA Exec Club - Gold
*Daft Question Alert*

Is this the door going in to the CCR just after security or is it one inside the CCR which takes you back out to the gates?

I wasn't aware the one after security had been shut?!

That being said I've not been to T5 since the First Wing opened and I've never been in the T5 CCR anyway (only the one at JFK)! (In fact as only a silver member the F lounge at LHR is a rare treat anyway! )
Old Jun 25, 2017, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by flyer_tom
*Daft Question Alert*

Is this the door going in to the CCR just after security or is it one inside the CCR which takes you back out to the gates?

I wasn't aware the one after security had been shut?!

That being said I've not been to T5 since the First Wing opened and I've never been in the T5 CCR anyway (only the one at JFK)! (In fact as only a silver member the F lounge at LHR is a rare treat anyway! )
It is on the right just as you exit south fast track. When leaving the CCR is the the best exit door to use if heading for gates A1-12. The other CCR entrance/exit is the one at the north end of the lobby which sits between the GF and CCR.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by KARFA
But your access is via a CCR card? It is those travelling in F who are less likely to know what and where the CCR is.
Mostly, yes. But on 3 of the 5 times I mentioned I was in F (twice with my wife) and only once did they mention that we should go on to the CCR (the most recent time).
Old Jun 25, 2017, 8:26 am

Great news on my part as a transfer passenger!
Old Jun 25, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
It is on the right just as you exit south fast track. When leaving the CCR is the the best exit door to use if heading for gates A1-12. The other CCR entrance/exit is the one at the north end of the lobby which sits between the GF and CCR.
Ta.

I hadn't realised that door had been taken out of use! I'm sure the last time I was looked there was somebody sat outside.

Any idea when it stopped being used before being put back into use recently?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by flyer_tom
Ta.

I hadn't realised that door had been taken out of use! I'm sure the last time I was looked there was somebody sat outside.

Any idea when it stopped being used before being put back into use recently?
It closed in mid May shortly after the first wing opened.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:53 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Australian Business Traveller mentions that the door has now been re-opened.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/british-air...orde-room-door
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:03 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Australian Business Traveller mentions that the door has now been re-opened.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/british-air...orde-room-door
Thanks for that link to Strine humour, every little bit helps, I suppose. . Just in case anyone takes it seriously, the First Wing rarely suffers from congestion.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:57 am

Programs: BA GGL
I'd say sloppy, lazy journalism, rather than strine humour.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:27 pm

Hi. We will be connecting through LHR from DFW on our way to MUC on 20 September. I just wanted to confirm the million dollar door is still open? We are US citizens so don't plan on exiting to use the First Wing.

Thanks!
Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:43 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by DFW1972
Hi. We will be connecting through LHR from DFW on our way to MUC on 20 September. I just wanted to confirm the million dollar door is still open? We are US citizens so don't plan on exiting to use the First Wing.

Thanks!
Yes, it's still open. I shall be using it myself during next week.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
Yes, it's still open. I shall be using it myself during next week.
Great! Thanks for responding so quickly!
Old Jul 21, 2022, 1:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold
This thread was started pre-pandemic, is the door still open?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.