Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Charlotte to JFK then British Airways to London?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2017, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Husband and I have flight from Charlotte to JFK(American Airlines) real early and we do not leave for London until that night through British Airways. When we check-in in Charlotte, will we be checked in all the way to London or do we get our luggage and then check in at British airlines. We have Business class tickets for British airways and we were hoping we could go ahead and go to lounge at JFK and wait for our flight to London. Any information will be helpful. Thanks
Old May 29, 2017, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by dy1209
Husband and I have flight from Charlotte to JFK(American Airlines) real early and we do not leave for London until that night through British Airways. When we check-in in Charlotte, will we be checked in all the way to London or do we get our luggage and then check in at British airlines. We have Business class tickets for British airways and we were hoping we could go ahead and go to lounge at JFK and wait for our flight to London. Any information will be helpful. Thanks

If it's all one one ticket (i.e. booked in one go) then yes your bags will be checked straight through to London and you can just head straight to the lounge. Note however you will need to change terminals from T8 to T7 at JFK.

Also what time is your BA flight? If it's after approx 8pm, it will be a "Sleeper Service" where there is a full dinner buffet available in the lounge, with only a light meal available onboard as most people go straight to sleep.
Old May 29, 2017, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Also , please note that you will have to clear security again at JFK T7 for the BA flight.

PS How long of a layover do you have at JFK? -If it is a very long layover you may want to consider going into New york for several hours

Regards

TBS
Old May 29, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Any chance you could switch to one of the direct AA flights to LHR? Would be easier and allow you a bit more sleep. AA 732 in particular leaves at 21:55 and gets in at 11am the following day. I like the business class seats on the Airbus 330, although I know some don't like the way your feet end up enclosed.
Old May 29, 2017, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
How long is your layover at JFK? AA will not check through if the layover is over 12 hours.
Old May 29, 2017, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by wrp96
How long is your layover at JFK? AA will not check through if the layover is over 12 hours.
Good point and theoretically possible if taking an early flight from CLT and late JFK departure.

However I'd guess OP's layover is under 12 hours, as I'd seriously hope they'd be heading into NYC rather than straight to the lounge with that much time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.