Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New BA Exec Club benefits launched..

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2017, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA (GGL, CCR & G4LIFE), VS (Gold4life), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Spire Elite), SPG (Plat)
New BA Exec Club benefits launched..

Just noticed this on line..

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ewExecutiveClu

1. Free seat reservations on Basic fares - BIG TICK

2. Exciting rewards for new parents - BIG TICK

3. Collect Avios even when you’re not flying - NOTHING NEW...

Hardly big changes but every little helps I guess....???!!
Old May 3, 2017, 4:48 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Oh wow, major news!

No more HBO misery for status holders = )
Maybe they actually read Flyertalk?
Old May 3, 2017, 4:51 am

The eStore isn't new, but the other two changes are very welcome!

Seat selection on HBO is pretty monumental, actually.

Holding status is just catching up with VS...
Old May 3, 2017, 4:51 am

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks for this. I think the free seat reservations for status-holders on HBO fares is quite a significant plus.
Old May 3, 2017, 4:54 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Oh they gave back what they took and the people are happy.
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by fruitcage
Thanks for this. I think the free seat reservations for status-holders on HBO fares is quite a significant plus.
I concur! Very happy about this!

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Good news!
Old May 3, 2017, 4:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Good news and goodness me!
This is feedback that has been conveyed by BA passengers at the meet and greet sessions and of course here on FT. Note our shout out at the end.

I used to think BA / BAEC didn't worry too much about forums like this. Now I am much less sure. They pretty much make that link in this statement.
Old May 3, 2017, 4:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Maybe they actually read Flyertalk?
I think they must do....

Finally, we’re delighted to let you know that we have won the best European frequent flyer programme at the FlyerTalk 2017 Awards. So, a big thank you to all of you who voted
Old May 3, 2017, 4:57 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Something must be up! Still, it's good news ^
Old May 3, 2017, 4:58 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
looks like they do read here also! (at least when they want to :-) )

"Finally, we’re delighted to let you know that we have won the best European frequent flyer programme at the FlyerTalk 2017 Awards. So, a big thank you to all of you who voted"
Old May 3, 2017, 4:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by headingwest
Something must be up! Still, it's good news ^
Yeah, even I suspect there is something behind this.
Old May 3, 2017, 5:00 am

Wow!!
Old May 3, 2017, 5:00 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by fransknorge
Oh they gave back what they took and the people are happy.
Psychology, eh?
Take toys from the pram, make them desperate, than see how happy they are when they give it back.
It's like the passengers are spoilt children =)

Imagine the euphoria if they 'reinstate' free beverages = )
Old May 3, 2017, 5:01 am

Very nice, indeed. The status hold is potentially a good one for me, but wondering whether I am eligible as I already have gold until Sept 2018. Worth a call/email to try and extend to 2019..just in case ?

Members can apply for their status to be extended due to the birth/adoption of a new baby if they are Bronze, Silver or Gold status. Members who have received complimentary status or have Gold or Gold Guest List membership for life are not eligible.
In order to qualify, Members will need to provide a letter from their doctor, a birth certificate or documentation relating to the adoption or paternity leave and send it to [email protected].
Eligible Members are limited to a maximum of two approved applications within a five year period.
Eligible Members can continue to collect Tier Points and Avios and enjoy their tier benefits. Should a Member qualify for a higher Tier during the extension period this will be honoured and the extension on your previous Tier will come to an end.
The Member can enrol their child into the Executive Club by creating or adding to an existing household account. 1,000 Avios will be credited to the child’s account should the Member choose to enrol their child within 6 months of the application of the extension. To find out more about setting up a household account visit http://www.britishairways.com/execut...ehold-accounts.
Status Hold is a discretionary benefit. British Airways reserves the right to require any reasonable form of evidence or identification to validate an application and reserves the right to decline the application and to change or withdraw this benefit at any time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.