Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

A year later ..... [F catering issue SYD-SIN vv]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:24 am
Original Poster

I posted this picture just over a year ago after I was presented with this for breakfast in F on the Sin-Syd segment.

It was pretty gruesome and I ended up leaving most of it as the ciabbata was rock hard and the contents were unappealing.
Almost a year later here is what again is the only hot breakfast option on this BA F segment from Sin to Syd.

BA Enhancement seems to have been at work here in that only one half of the ciabbata was served. This ciabbata was not rock hard but the contents were identical to the 2016 version.
The food served on the return segment Syd to Sin in F was not much better. Here is what arrived as afternoon tea sandwiches.

I would like to say that my sandwiches were a one off but all of us in F had the same sandwiches which all looked like they had been made by children.
When you opened the sandwiches up, here is what they looked like.
The carrot sandwich

The beef? sandwich

and finally the prawn sandwich

Anyone for afternoon tea?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Good grief. This is quite something. I think this needs some serious social media sharing
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
BA should be ashamed. How much does it cost to deliver a decent sandwich? How much is a ticket in F?

I would have complained if I had been served that in World Traveller, let alone in the premium cabins.

Disgraceful, but sadly, also unsurprising.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I sit back and ignore the "QR J is better than BA F" blah blah arguments that go around - but I've seen a tonne of QR trip reports where the food is significantly better than this.

Shameful
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:37 am

Wowsers, that is really appaling. I've seen some dropped balls in my time here, but that's just consistently rubbish.

It's no wonder BA has so few people paying for First, you'd be crackers to pay for the contents of those pictures vs another airline's F.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Lol I'd rather have a Tesco prawn mayo sandwich for 1.99 GBP = )
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Lol I'd rather have a Tesco prawn mayo sandwich for 1.99 GBP = )

You'd actually get some prawns that looked like... prawns !
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Crap.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: Some
Wow.

Having said that, SYD-SIN should theoretically just be a route for people on Avios redemptions or cheap-ish fares given just how strong the (also one stop) F competition is between LHR and SYD, so it's hardly surprising BA aren't throwing money at it.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Trivia of the day. How many Tesco Prawn sandwiches can you buy for an F SYD-SIN fare?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I sit back and ignore the "QR J is better than BA F" blah blah arguments that go around - but I've seen a tonne of QR trip reports where the food is significantly better than this.

Shameful
Exactly. Give me QR J food over BA F food, any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I'm with mikeyfly on this. Get the photos, and the listed cost of the flight, (UKP 4080) in to trip advisor and twitter.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm no basher usually - but this is indefensible - it really is unacceptable.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
I know there's a lot of self indignant spluttering on this board, but that truly is staggering....

I'm in full agreement, twitter, tripadvisor, hell, daily mail. I wouldnt even post the 1 year ago photo because discussion will center around portion reduction as opposed to the utter disgracefulness of the meal.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by scillyisles
I posted this picture just over a year ago after I was presented with this for breakfast in F on the Sin-Syd segment.

It was pretty gruesome and I ended up leaving most of it as the ciabbata was rock hard and the contents were unappealing.
Almost a year later here is what again is the only hot breakfast option on this BA F segment from Sin to Syd.

BA Enhancement seems to have been at work here in that only one half of the ciabbata was served. This ciabbata was not rock hard but the contents were identical to the 2016 version.
The food served on the return segment Syd to Sin in F was not much better. Here is what arrived as afternoon tea sandwiches.

I would like to say that my sandwiches were a one off but all of us in F had the same sandwiches which all looked like they had been made by children.
When you opened the sandwiches up, here is what they looked like.
The carrot sandwich

The beef? sandwich

and finally the prawn sandwich

Anyone for afternoon tea?
Count yourself lucky you didn't order a VLML then you get the Club afternoon tea sandwiches

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.