Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

UK to MEL Creative Routing - routing and stopovers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF, BA

Hi all,

I'll be heading from LHR-MEL in Y (yeap!) and have lounge access on OW.

I'm not in a real hurry with about 48 hours to make each direction so I'm looking for a creative routing to maximise lounge access, and possibly to somewhere I haven't been before.

The best I could come up with is LHR-PEK-HKG-KUL-SYD-MEL / MEL-HKG-LHR for £1082 in August. Can anyone suggest or think of something with more steps that won't break the bank? Routing via Japan/Korea seems to really jack the price up that time of year!

TIA
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:52 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
If you have access to First Class OW lounges then KUL has little rooms with beds that you can use ... mind you there are only 4 or 6 rooms, but never had a problem on arrival at lounge and was able to get room for 3 hour transit.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Gold, Virgin Trains Traveller, Her Majesties Secret Service.
I'd look at KUL, SIN and DOH as connection points. I wouldn't have thought of PEK to be honest.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
From the thread title, I thought the OP wanted fo fly to Austin, Texas on BA.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
From the thread title, I thought the OP wanted fo fly to Austin, Texas on BA.
I thought that as well!
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
How about SGN? CX from HKG and onwards with MH via KUL.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Have you thought about a LONE4? That won't be too much more and you can have a bit of a wander.

Sometone recently did a RTW on miles too - http://www.headforpoints.com/2017/04...-miles-285-30/ although that didn't include MEL....
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:05 am

Cathay Pacific's The Pier First Class lounge at HKG is a fine experience too if you can fit that in.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by srbrenna
Have you thought about a LONE4? That won't be too much more and you can have a bit of a wander.

Sometone recently did a RTW on miles too - http://www.headforpoints.com/2017/04...-miles-285-30/ although that didn't include MEL....
A 4 continent one world explorer fare costs GBP2100 plus taxes plus surcharges

This is a lot more than the cost that a simple round trip can cost. When there are sales on, business class return tickets from london can be purchased for less than that. Start from somewhere else in Europe, can normally find a business class r/t for less than that
Old Apr 24, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
A 4 continent one world explorer fare costs GBP2100 plus taxes plus surcharges

This is a lot more than the cost that a simple round trip can cost. When there are sales on, business class return tickets from london can be purchased for less than that. Start from somewhere else in Europe, can normally find a business class r/t for less than that
Yes. It has been a while since I looked at RTW trips.

There should be a sale on soon that will reduce the prices further.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.