Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Ticket Number

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2024, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

No Ticket Number

I booked a BA flight using my companion voucher and amended the return flight from Tokyo to London on 8/2/24. I am now in Japan and flying back in a week on 17/4/24. I still have no ticket number despite trying to sort this out at Heathrow when I took the outbound flight on 20/3/24. I spent 40 minutes on the phone to someone at BA who told me it would be sorted within 7-10 days and I wouldn’t have to call back. It’s still not been done 3 weeks later. I spent an hour on webchat who can’t understand the delay and say I have to call but I have no roaming so this isn’t feasible. Am I safe to just turn up at the airport for the return flight and it will be sorted there?
Old Apr 9, 2024, 3:07 pm

Programs: BA Silver
It’s not ideal, but if you opt to leave it to the airport, get there very early.

In your shoes I would be downloading Skype and calling them.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
A call will probably be necessary. Download skype if you don't already have it and use that and wifi to call.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 3:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Plat
Wifi calling would give you same rates as in home network with most providers.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 3:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I would strongly suggest trying to phone them and get it sorted as soon as possible. The flights on 17th April look very full... I definitely wouldn't recommend leaving it until you get to the airport.

Results from https://www.ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Flight Availability Search
Departing TYO on 04/17/24 12:00 AM for LHR
Flying BA  
Direct/Non-Stop Only
Exclude Codeshares
Point of Sale: UK

Frequency
Flight        Stops  Depart             Arrive             Aircraft  Reliability     Available Classes
0 Connections
BA 8          0      HND                LHR                351       Daily           J0 C0 D0 R0 I0 W0 E0 T0 Y4 B2 H2 K2 M1 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0 
                     04/17/24 8:50 AM   04/17/24 3:45 PM             67% / 72m

0 Connections
BA 6          0      HND                LHR                789       Daily           F1 A0 J0 C0 D0 R0 I0 W1 E0 T0 Y2 B2 H2 K2 M2 L2 V2 S2 N1 Q1 O0 G0 
                     04/17/24 1:05 PM   04/17/24 7:55 PM             81% / 26m
Old Apr 9, 2024, 3:46 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Travel Rachel
I booked a BA flight using my companion voucher and amended the return flight from Tokyo to London on 8/2/24. I am now in Japan and flying back in a week on 17/4/24. I still have no ticket number despite trying to sort this out at Heathrow when I took the outbound flight on 20/3/24. I spent 40 minutes on the phone to someone at BA who told me it would be sorted within 7-10 days and I wouldn’t have to call back. It’s still not been done 3 weeks later. I spent an hour on webchat who can’t understand the delay and say I have to call but I have no roaming so this isn’t feasible. Am I safe to just turn up at the airport for the return flight and it will be sorted there?
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum.

Sometimes there is a ticket number on the booking which doesn't show up on the BA app (though this remains the best way to check). The thing you can try is the Finnair email receipt to see what it says:

https://www.finnair.com/gb-en/custom...ticket-receipt

I would probably leave it now to OLCI. I don't get the webchat response, it's not a financial transaction so they should be able to handle it. Try a Direct Message on Twitter, they can fast track ticket issue once the Social Media team understand your DM (and assuming they too aren't overloaded). Doing it at the airport isn't great but sometimes it's all you have left open to you. If you're OK to go back with JAL / get to LHR later than advertised then it may be the easiest option.
KARFA likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum.

Sometimes there is a ticket number on the booking which doesn't show up on the BA app (though this remains the best way to check). The thing you can try is the Finnair email receipt to see what it says:

I would probably leave it now to OLCI. I don't get the webchat response, it's not a financial transaction so they should be able to handle it. Try a Direct Message on Twitter, they can fast track ticket issue once the Social Media team understand your DM (and assuming they too aren't overloaded). Doing it at the airport isn't great but sometimes it's all you have left open to you. If you're OK to go back with JAL / get to LHR later than advertised then it may be the easiest option.
Thank you, I tried this and it shows the original return flight I booked on 15/4 rather than the new one on 17/4 (the app shows the amended flight) so I think this means the change clearly hasn’t been processed. 😬
Old Apr 9, 2024, 9:05 pm
Company Representative, BA Refunds

Programs: BA Executive Club
Please DM me your booking reference and i will take a look, as you shouldn't have had to chase so many times, apologies for that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.