Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My prepaid seat got enhanced away

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2017, 11:56 am
Original Poster

My prepaid seat got enhanced away

So I know it says in the small print they reserve the right to change it for operational reasons...

I'd paid £12 to reserve 8F on BA800. Logging into MMB, I see I've been punted down to 17F
The only available seat further forward now is on row 10, but they want *another* 4 quid to move there.

Anyone explain this? I assumed "operational reasons" to mean if the aircraft type changed so the original seat wasn't available; not that if the flight was filling they could squeeze more money out of people (which is what I assume happened)
Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
This aircraft has a moveable cabin divider, and so if they make the Club Europe cabin bigger, you lose your seat.

I am sure if you phone BA, they will move you back to the front row of Euro Traveller (10F) for free.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:11 pm

has the curtain moved meaning your original seat is now no longer an economy seat?
I have always ended up being moved when take a seat near the curtain...although sometimes am able to move back closer to the flight date
Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

I'm not sure it's a curtain move, as the seat selector still begins at row 8; 1-6 are not visible at all.
However 8 and 9 are full, and in 10, A and B are taken.
Unless the seat map doesn't update when the curtain moves?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by jowlymonster
However 8 and 9 are full,
If you have the date someone will be able to see if they are taken or blocked [they may be blocked in case of a curtain move]
Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by caz312
If you have the date someone will be able to see if they are taken or blocked [they may be blocked in case of a curtain move]
True- it's Friday March 3rd
Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:55 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This is LHR-KEF, for the benefit of anyone who has not yet managed to memorise the entire timetable.

Row 8 and 9 are essentially blocked, but 9A is taken by someone. The emergency exits should be for sale (row 12). 10C to 10F is available.

What probably happened here is that the curtain has moved several times, and at one point you were in CE, and thus pushed back. 9A has just escaped it, but remains at risk if CE continues to sell, I think they will certainly fill 7 rows, and it may go a bit further back (row 10 therefore isn't safe).

If you do want to go further forward, then ring up and explain that situation and that the prices have changed after you booked, hopefully they will move you to another seat for free. If not, well you can get a refund on what you did pay. Incidentally, if you want a bit of a view, given you have chosen F, then you actually may want to go further back to avoid the wing obstructing your line of sight.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Thanks CWS - I've sent a DM to the twitter team to see what they offer/suggest, as they're normally helpful, and will call up if no joy.

Good point on the view theory, I'll probably punt myself back a bit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.