Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tomorrow flight cancelled, help / advice much appreciated

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:44 am
Original Poster

My flight ex EU to LHR has been cancelled.
They rebook me on an earlier flight (A later flight won't make it as I have a flight to the US from LHR
However I can't make this flight as I have a positionning flight from home tomorrow morning
Can BA change the origin, to my home city or just LHR in case of IRROPS ,?
Thank you so much
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
You are not obliged to accept the earlier flight.
According to EC261/2004 you have the right the choose a flight at your liking. That right exists even if the cause of the cancellation was extraordinary (just saying because some poster seem to confuse these things).
Why don't you ask BA to book you onto a later connection EU-US (maybe a day later)?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by warakorn
You are not obliged to accept the earlier flight.
According to EC261/2004 you have the right the choose a flight at your liking. That right exists even if the cause of the cancellation was extraordinary (just saying because some poster seem to confuse these things).
Why don't you ask BA to book you onto a later connection EU-US (maybe a day later)?
Thank you very much
I must be in the US tomorrow evening
On hold with BA right now, 15 mns waiting time (
keep you updated
Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:04 pm

You can ask (no guarantee it will be granted, however) for BA to protect your longhaul flight, and therefore you would not need to take your 2 EU flights. I would push for this if you have to be in the US tomorrow. It also reduces the hassle of your back-to-back.

Hold times will be about 1hr (provided you are not being auto cut off - they call that service ) if the disruption is anything like last week when I had to face a cancellation.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rossmacd
You can ask (no guarantee it will be granted, however) for BA to protect your longhaul flight, and therefore you would not need to take your 2 EU flights. I would push for this if you have to be in the US tomorrow. It also reduces the hassle of your back-to-back.

Hold times will be about 1hr (provided you are not being auto cut off - they call that service ) if the disruption is anything like last week when I had to face a cancellation.
thank you for the tips
should I mention my positioning flight or will it have an opposite effect ?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by CGRA
thank you for the tips
Just be honest - the agents have seen it all, so the more information you give them, the more they can try to help your specific situation.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
With whom, and from where, is your positioning flight? Presumably it wasn't planned to be a back-to-back with your (now cancelled) EU-LHR flight, otherwise it would probably also have been cancelled? Can you get to your EU departure point tonight?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Just be honest - the agents have seen it all, so the more information you give them, the more they can try to help your specific situation.
Good advices, thank you. The agent pick up the phone and after a short 2 mns discussion, he put me on hold for 10 mns now....
Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:28 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Globaliser
With whom, and from where, is your positioning flight? Presumably it wasn't planned to be a back-to-back with your (now cancelled) EU-LHR flight, otherwise it would probably also have been cancelled? Can you get to your EU departure point tonight?
Indeed it would greatly facilitate the advice we can offer in terms of alternatives and what-not. For example there is a 300 mile rule with cancellations, allowing relocating to another airport, and this may have helped with useful suggestions here.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:28 pm
Shl

Programs: BA Gold/ Star Alliance Gold
From my experience with an INV back to back, it is important that the same plane serves in- and outbound. Only then they are willing to protect your long haul. I was pretty open with everything. Nothing wrong to start and end a trip in INV.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Indeed it would greatly facilitate the advice we can offer in terms of alternatives and what-not. For example there is a 300 mile rule with cancellations, allowing relocating to another airport, and this may have helped with useful suggestions here.
Thank you. I'm based in Paris
They can't rebook me out of Paris as this is over 300 miles from Milan (
Old Jan 24, 2017, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Yes had the pleasure to experience the auto cut off.
Why they asked for phone numbers if they don't call back when they hang up.....
Old Jan 24, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
How about LYS? Quick train trip from Paris?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 1:24 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Thank you. I'm based in Paris
They can't rebook me out of Paris as this is over 300 miles from Milan (
I am lost in this thread - what has Milan go to do with anything?

Can you tell us what flights you are doing, what is the separate positioning flight is, and who they are all with?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 1:30 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Btw, I note absolutely no PAR-LHR flights on BA are showing as cancelled tomorrow so no clue what the OP is doing.

The BA576/577 to LIN is cancelled tomorrow. Sounds like the OP was planning to fly from Paris to Milan tomorrow on a completely separate ticket and get LIN-LHR at 1305, but this is cancelled and the OP has been rebooked on an earlier flight which he/she can't make. Why can't the OP ask to go on a later LIN-LHR flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.