Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Equipment change - how likely, and what recourse?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze

I am considering DME-LHR part of a multi-segment trip. I am prepared to pay for Biz but only if I get a widebody service. Currently there's a 787 scheduled for "my" flight but it seems BA also serve DME with an A319/20. How likely is it that the flight gets "downgraded" from 787 to 320 and what recourse do I have if it happens? Does BA usually offer rebooking (on other carriers as well?) or compensation? Or is it just tough luck?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:59 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
I think BA have been pretty stingy on this in the past - there was a decent thread on it about Tel Aviv flights a while back.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 2:18 am

This used to be a big issue, but has been a lot quieter on this front lately!

The A321s used are in "mid haul" config with a proper CW flat bed, it is just certain BA233/232 services that are on a widebody (mon/fri I believe)

A quick scan on flightradar24 suggests there hasn't been a short haul sub in the last couple of months
Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by planestupid
I am considering DME-LHR part of a multi-segment trip. I am prepared to pay for Biz but only if I get a widebody service. Currently there's a 787 scheduled for "my" flight but it seems BA also serve DME with an A319/20. How likely is it that the flight gets "downgraded" from 787 to 320 and what recourse do I have if it happens? Does BA usually offer rebooking (on other carriers as well?) or compensation? Or is it just tough luck?
explicitly tough luck. That said 319/320 unlikely, the 321 midhaul is the likely substitute but has a fine J IMHO.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze
Thank you everyone. I didn't know BA had a 321 equipped with flat seats. Looking at the cabin plan it seems these seats are actually superior to those of the widebody fleet. Good to know.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:38 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by sammyg901
This used to be a big issue, but has been a lot quieter on this front lately!

The A321s used are in "mid haul" config with a proper CW flat bed, it is just certain BA233/232 services that are on a widebody (mon/fri I believe)

A quick scan on flightradar24 suggests there hasn't been a short haul sub in the last couple of months
And today's 234/235 operated by EUYG and 237 by EUYU with tomorrow's 236 operated by EUYU.

S

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.