Old Dec 22, 2016, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Wow, a positive BA story...

.......wonders will never cease.

http://www.itv.com/news/london/2016-...-on-ba-flight/
Old Dec 22, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Well I guess it's also a opportunity for some perspective. To them sitting in CE was "being treated like a A-lister".
Old Dec 22, 2016, 10:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
Well I guess it's also a opportunity for some perspective. To them sitting in CE was "being treated like a A-lister".
No, not sitting in CE but being the only passengers on the aircraft and having lots of attention from an excellent crew.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 10:41 am

Crew did well here ^
Old Dec 22, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
It's easy for frequent flyers to become immune to F/CW/CE and forget that for people who either don't fly much, or only fly economy, being upgraded can be a big thing, especially as it sounds like the crew went all out to look after them. I'm glad they had a great time
Old Dec 22, 2016, 10:44 am

Doesn't look much different to the last MAN-LHR on a Friday night?

Seriously though, it will do BA some good with a positive article after the recent state of affairs. Crew seemed to do well ^
Old Dec 22, 2016, 10:59 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
Good to see this. And it highlights the difference a good crew can make!
Old Dec 22, 2016, 11:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
I especially liked the "ushered them into business class" (lending those luxury middle tray seats all the aura & glamour of Etihad's The Residence.....)

The crew did a great job by all accounts, the girls loved it, so definitely a good news story and a win-win ^
Old Dec 22, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
Daily Mail has went to town on the photos ....
http://dailym.ai/2hLqINl

The CE meal they had looks half descent too!
Old Dec 22, 2016, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by ajeleonard
What a fantastic attitude, especially at this time of year when so many have so little^

Always someone waiting in the wings on this forum to make sure that a good story can't go unbashed.

Seasonal spirit alive and well!

Regards

BA.MF.CSM
Old Dec 22, 2016, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
A great crew can make you feel like an a-lister especially if there's very few on board and so they can deliver a personalised service.

When you're expecting to be on a reasonably busy flight, an individually wrapped crisp and a free drink. To be moved to the front and looked after with crew engagement and even the chance to visit the flight deck would seem special.

I'm not sure how many on here would love taking loads of selfies but I'm sure most would love the attentive service and flight deck visit.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I've been on virtually empty flights before (both with BA and with others) and I can confirm it usually leads to fantastic experiences!

sadly for passengers it's rarer and rarer now that airlines are much better at optimising loads. I'm a bit surprised it happened here as fitting all pax but 3 on the previous flights would suggest average loads of 50% or so over both flights.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by BA.MF.CSM
What a fantastic attitude, especially at this time of year when so many have so little^

Always someone waiting in the wings on this forum to make sure that a good story can't go unbashed.

Seasonal spirit alive and well!

Regards

BA.MF.CSM
I agree this was a real feel good story can we stop with the negative vibes? it is Christmas after all. I liked the pictures of the Rock with the BA plane in front and the Calpe Lounge. Just a shame they didn't have one from the terrace.

Last edited by Jimmie76; Dec 22, 2016 at 12:03 pm
Old Dec 22, 2016, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
A sweet Christmas story ...and I'm pleased for the pax, and the CC that showed flexibility and caring in an odd scenario. ^

Merry Christmas, BA ... I shall revert to Grinch mode shortly.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 12:55 pm

A nice story. Must have been good fun really. Good crew to passenger ratio for sure and no danger of the bar running dry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.