Community
Wiki Posts
Search

End of year trip

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2016, 2:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silv/Bron/Silv/Bron/Bron/Bron/Silver... Bronze.... Blue (in more ways than one)
End of year trip

I am currently Silver. My account says that my TP year ends on 8th January 2017. At that point I'll slip down to bronze as I didn't fly much this year. I was thinking of doing a cheap weekend trip in eurocattle 6th-8th Jan. My question relates to the fact that I think my 'real' year end is 31 Dec and the 8th is there to allow processing to catch up and accurately assess our true totals? Am I correct in that assumption?

My questions relate to how to regard this trip: one last hurrah as Silver or 2017 earning opportunity #1...

Q1. If I fly in cattle would I still be silver and get into the lounge? Both ways or would the return on the 8th see me excluded?

Q2: Would my TPs count for the old year or the new year?

Cheers

Rick
Old Dec 11, 2016, 2:13 am

If your year end is the 8th January then the TPs earned on flights including the 8th January count towards the current year. From the 9th January, flights count towards your new year
With a 8th January end date, your silver card would normally be valid for silver benefits until end February (even if sufficient TPs not made to keep silver by 8th January)
What date does your card show?
Old Dec 11, 2016, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silv/Bron/Silv/Bron/Bron/Bron/Silver... Bronze.... Blue (in more ways than one)
It says end of February... Never paid any attention to that before, do I have silver benefits until then?
Old Dec 11, 2016, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Rick A 1
It says end of February... Never paid any attention to that before, do I have silver benefits until then?
Hi,

Yes you do.

Regards

Tbs
Old Dec 11, 2016, 6:08 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Q1. If I fly in cattle would I still be silver and get into the lounge? Both ways or would the return on the 8th see me excluded?

Q2: Would my TPs count for the old year or the new year?
1. Yes until card expiry
2. Any flight that is scheduled to depart on or before the 8th counts to the current year. You can also call to have a 2 week grace period so flights until the 22nd would count.
See also post #4: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...os-2016-a.html

Yes, until card expiry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.