Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British airways first class london to philly ba 67 lhr-phl

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2016, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX SQ AA UA SPG ...

6 months late but used British Airways Avios to fly from SFO to AMS and back, humble review on First Class flight back:

http://dtsaoo.blogspot.com/2016/10/b...london-to.html
Old Oct 28, 2016, 12:53 am
GLA

Programs: BA VS
Nice report!

It's a shame you did not spot the lounge at T5B - it is very pleasant and usually quite quiet.

I think the green stuff with your cod looks like samphire.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 1:11 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks for the trip report!

Great photos and writing. Glad that you enjoyed your BA flights.

The photo of people waiting to board made me smile for some reason.

Joining AA F with those seats after BA F would have been a bit of a shock!
Old Oct 28, 2016, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
The "green thing" with your seabass is samphire!
Old Oct 28, 2016, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Silver
Thank you for that! I also took BA67 in First couple of weeks ago and also wrote a TR (see below)

A question and a remark - why didn't you go to the Concorde Room? And from the pictures it seems like a 777 and not a 744 (which is normal for this route)...
Old Oct 28, 2016, 3:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
A question and a remark - why didn't you go to the Concorde Room? And from the pictures it seems like a 777 and not a 744 (which is normal for this route)...
The OP did (nice TR btw). The OP wrote first class lounge but the breakfast and the photo of the table beneath are from the CCR, he is sat at the end of one of the high tables.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks KARFA; I guess that one time in the CCR is not enough when it comes to photo recognition. Should visit it more often
Old Oct 28, 2016, 8:16 am

Programs: British Airways
Thanks for that. Hope to visit SFO next year.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
Thanks KARFA; I guess that one time in the CCR is not enough when it comes to photo recognition. Should visit it more often
Oh yes, I mis-labeled it just as First Class Lounge. It was the Concorde Room. I'm very green in writing TR =)

Corrected back to 777, not 747-400. Thanks for noticing!
Old Nov 5, 2016, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

GLA and Orbitmic: Thank you! I learn something new everyday!
Old Nov 5, 2016, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Thanks for the trip report!

Great photos and writing. Glad that you enjoyed your BA flights.

The photo of people waiting to board made me smile for some reason.

Joining AA F with those seats after BA F would have been a bit of a shock!
*wink* *wink* Thank you =)
Yes, AA F was not comfortable enough for 7 hours. I couldn't sleep at all . . . my lower back was spoiled by BA F.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 1:58 am

Out of curiosity - how do one use BOSE headphones on BA flights? I tried my best using the only one adapter bundled with my phones, in both F and CW cabin, but failed hard and had to put on the plastic thingies supplied by BA.

Judging from the images in the trip report I notice you have an adapter with a single pin. Is that a stock BOSE adapter or something specific required for BA hardware?
Old Nov 6, 2016, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlugE
Out of curiosity - how do one use BOSE headphones on BA flights? I tried my best using the only one adapter bundled with my phones, in both F and CW cabin, but failed hard and had to put on the plastic thingies supplied by BA.

Judging from the images in the trip report I notice you have an adapter with a single pin. Is that a stock BOSE adapter or something specific required for BA hardware?
It came with some no name headphones I had a while ago. It did not come with BOSE. I looked on Amazon, you can order it for around $7 USD:

https://www.amazon.com/UCEC-Airline-...rplane+adapter

I never get on a plane without it!

added: took a pic of the BOSE adapter (top) and the no name (bottom) adapter. looks like the BOSE has a TS (one ring) and a TRS (two rings) combined. The no name one only has two TS. Somehow the no name worked much better than the BOSE for some reason I cannot explain. You may read up on WIKI re: TS TRS TRRS TRRRS prongs. It's beyond my comprehension
Attached Images   

Last edited by Dtsao; Nov 6, 2016 at 10:12 pm Reason: adding more info
Old Nov 7, 2016, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by Dtsao
It came with some no name headphones I had a while ago. It did not come with BOSE. I looked on Amazon, you can order it for around $7 USD:

https://www.amazon.com/UCEC-Airline-...rplane+adapter

I never get on a plane without it!
I have the BOSE adapter but have never had to use it as have had a 100% success rate with standard headphone socket. Must have been a very old plane.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 2:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FlugE

The BA sockets have two sockets, one is of the size to take a standard headphone jack, and the other a centimetre away is the noise cancelling circuit. Bose headphones do not need the noise cancelling circuit since they do noise cancelling. Just plug your standard headphone jack in to the headphone socket and ignore the smaller socket. No adapter should be needed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.