Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA domestic flights [Maximum Avios earning]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA domestic flights [Maximum Avios earning]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2016, 4:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The calculator on ownerudge.net seems to confirm my post #13 as well.

For domestic routes in business class bookings codes you get the minimum base avios (500) and then any tier bonus you are due (bonze bonus is 125, silver 250, gold 500). There is no cabin bonus (apologies for misleadingly thinking there was).

So to answer the original questions:

What's the maximum avios that can be earned on a domestic BA flight?
It is 500 avios if you are blue, 625 if you are bronze, 750 if you are silver, and 1,000 if you are gold. These maximum levels of domestic avios earnings are achieved if you are booked in to J, C, D, R, I, Y, B, or H selling classes. This applies to all BA's domestic routes since none are longer than 500 miles.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 4:31 am

Some corporate TAs issue I class tickets on UK domestic routes (without connections) - not sure how they do it, but I have experienced it a couple of times.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
For domestic routes in business class bookings codes you get the minimum base avios (500) and then any tier bonus you are due (bonze bonus is 125, silver 250, gold 500). There is no cabin bonus (apologies for misleadingly thinking there was).
Thanks for clarifying - I've edited my post above to reflect this.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Thanks all for your help getting to the bottom of this. Much appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.