Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Question about Lloyds flight upgrade vouchers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:05 am
Original Poster

I am trying to search flights from GLA to HKG through the avios.com website but for some reason, when the search comes through, it is only showing the economy seats. However, when I search LHR to HKG, it is showing a number of availabilities including WTP and CW.

Does that mean that I need to book 2 separate itineraries i.e. one from GLA to LHR which is 9k avios + £35 and LHR to HKG which is 78k + £550ish ?

Or is it possible to book everything into 1 itinerary ? Is this voucher transferable to the ba.com website ?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 10:08 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
I haven't tried to book a domestic with a Lloyds voucher but it make just be going wrong because it can't offer you an upgrade on the domestic leg. The voucher can't be used on ba.com, only avios.com.

I would just call them to make the booking (one booking should certainly be possible) or if you prefer use the excellent web chat to get a definitive answer (but they'll still need you to call to book).
Old Oct 23, 2016, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply - Do you mean I would need to phone them up to book GLA to HKG in one itinerary ?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 1:18 pm

Yes. The website specifically says (somewhere) that you need to call to make a voucher booking involving connections.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.