Wiki Posts
Search

Excess Sports Equipment

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2016, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
Excess Sports Equipment

I know I can travel with one golf bag, and a normal suitcase or two if travelling in club.

What would be the rules, if I were to travel, in Club Europe, from OSL to LHR as a non-status passenger, with one normal suitcase and 2x golf bags?

Would it be possible?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 5:49 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
I seem to remember that the sports equipment page on BA.com says something about sports equipment being counted as 1 piece of checked luggage as long as it's within the normal size/weight restrictions. I need to go and check that out now...

EDIT. So the CE bag allowance is 2 bags, so no dice on the second golf bag unless you have status or pay.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 5:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Ba.com says sports equipment is counted as part of your baggage allowance. With a CE ticket but not Gold status and with 3 bags, you would be charged the £60 online or £65 at the airport excess baggage fee, each way. With no status, each bag weighing over 23kg would also be charged a heavy fee.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 5:57 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by BA038_Passenger
I know I can travel with one golf bag, and a normal suitcase or two if travelling in club.

What would be the rules, if I were to travel, in Club Europe, from OSL to LHR as a non-status passenger, with one normal suitcase and 2x golf bags?

Would it be possible?
Yes it is possible and will be counted as part of your baggage allowance. All easily found on BA.com

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...al-instruments
Old Oct 23, 2016, 5:59 am
Original Poster

The reason for my question, is that I am going to CPT in a couple of weeks with QR from Oslo with a mate. Really good supersaver.nl deal!

It now turns out that I need to travel to Guangzhou straight after, so I am doing something really stupid, and doing a B2B with QR at Oslo. I'm not looking for comments on this bit!

We will depart the QR flight from DOH, go through all of the normal formalities, passports, baggage, enter Norway.... and then my mate will check onto the club europe flight back to LHR, and I will check onto QR back to DOH. We both have plently of time. It would be amazing if he can take my golf bag back to the UK, to save me having to take it all the way to china and back.

Otherwise, I might buy one of the big golf travel bags, and see if I can get both our kit in it!
Old Oct 23, 2016, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Moot point now. I've found a golf travel bag that takes 2x sets, and is the same cost as the excess bag fee. So if it lasts the trip, we are ahead!
Old Oct 23, 2016, 6:10 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
If you're going to buy another bag just to try and avoid paying £60 you migh as well pay the £60 and be done with it
Old Oct 23, 2016, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
If you're going to buy another bag just to try and avoid paying £60 you migh as well pay the £60 and be done with it
This way, I can buy another bag, give it to my mate instead of giving BA the £60!

Ironically, I think he's silver after this trip, so he could have done it with the normal allowance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.