Search

Premier Card

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2016, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Gold, VS Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Premier Card

A colleague has a Premier Card.

I'm guessing they are 'special' invitation?

Is it spend, company , profile or job title related?

I don't want to ask him/her - Not sure they'd know!
Old Sep 11, 2016, 1:51 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by DazMan
A colleague has a Premier Card.

I'm guessing they are 'special' invitation?

I don't want to ask him/her - Not sure they'd know!
Have a look here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...er-status.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...a-premier.html
Old Sep 11, 2016, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
In addition to the threads golfmad has linked see part 08 of this post in the Guide:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25948897-post4.html
Old Sep 11, 2016, 2:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
I'd be interested to know a bit more about your colleague's profile. Normal PREM is someone who has significant decision making power over a major account's travel spend.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 2:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL
DazMan, it's an invitation only status that, these days, is awarded to the senior decision makers within a company and is generally based on spend with BA. As a reference point, our Chief Exec has one as, I suspect, do a few others on the board. Our company spends around £5m per year with BA.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by FrancisA
I'd be interested to know a bit more about your colleague's profile. Normal PREM is someone who has significant decision making power over a major account's travel spend.
I believe there are a maximum number per company dependent on the size of the company (and spend). The Prem I knew (who wasn't a FOCM) was one of two senior partners in a very large law firm. I also knew someone who wasn't despite having a large (~5%) of BA stock under their ultimate control (company CEO). Enquiries were made as to who had the Premier Card(s) in the business and once they'd established who did they were happy for them to have 'em instead.

Last edited by Jimmie76; Sep 11, 2016 at 3:02 pm
Old Sep 11, 2016, 2:59 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
DazMan, it's an invitation only status that, these days, is awarded to the senior decision makers within a company and is generally based on spend with BA. As a reference point, our Chief Exec has one as, I suspect, do a few others on the board. Our company spends around £5m per year with BA.
i understand each candidate requires board approval. Our company also has one Prem that I know of, and like your good self, I suspect there may be one or two others. That's off the back of a ~£20m annual spend
Old Sep 11, 2016, 3:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I don't want to ask him/her
My money's on it being a her.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
They also hand them out to some celebs - Phil Collins was and maybe still is one.

Last edited by Jimmie76; Sep 11, 2016 at 3:32 pm
Old Sep 11, 2016, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Gold, VS Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Thank you...

... all

Greatly appreciated
Old Sep 11, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Kinda all of the above. Its someone who significantly influences their company travel spend provide it is a sizeable spend as perceived by BA.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 4:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
....and I am sure the Premiers love the fact that there is no more amuse boule in F or that nuts come in tiny packet in CW.

Seriously, if it was not for the fact that London is BA home city, BA would have been finished by now.

diaclaimer: I am sitting in the Al Mourjan lounge having just come off another top notch QR A380 flight!
Old Sep 11, 2016, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Let's not turn this one into a 'bash BA' thread, please. We have plenty of other opportunities for that...
Old Sep 11, 2016, 4:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by d3vski
....and I am sure the Premiers love the fact that there is no more amuse boule in F or that nuts come in tiny packet in CW.

Seriously, if it was not for the fact that London is BA home city, BA would have been finished by now!
So if you analyse what you are saying: BA make decisions which reflect their location and as result make a good profit which exceeds many competitors.

Gulf carriers are of course all about profit and none is remotely a vanity project for its sponsoring state (dictator)?
Old Sep 11, 2016, 4:34 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by d3vski

Seriously, if it was not for the fact that London is BA home city, BA would have been finished by now.
The two Premiers I know are incredibly grounded individuals and besides will have much more important matters to occupy their minds. The same goes for the majority of my work colleagues and my acquaintances who exist outside the FT bubble.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.