Wiki Posts
Search

Silver achieved!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2016, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Silver achieved!

I know you guys get this all the time but I just wanted to thank you as I have hit silver today, with the tips and advice I got on here I still would of been a lowly bronze bloking up the boarding que!

And to top it off I'm waiting for my connection flight which will give me Westjet gold so 2 statuses in one day!

Thanks again everyone!
Old Aug 28, 2016, 5:35 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Congratulations aidy. However, I hope it means less to you than the next stage of your trip!
Old Aug 28, 2016, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Congratulations aidy. However, I hope it means less to you than the next stage of your trip!
haha this is true!! It should be a good week overall!
Old Aug 29, 2016, 12:24 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Enjoy Silver aidy, it's a good status to have.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 2:41 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Congratulations ! Welcome to Silver - I achieved it for the first time last year and it really knocks spots off being Bronze, lounge access and free seat selection at the time of booking .....nice.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 2:45 am
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
Well done! You'll love having lounge access...
Old Aug 29, 2016, 4:45 am

Programs: BAEC
Well done, I'll keep up the good work of clogging up the priority boarding lines for you.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Enjoy the benefits, aidy ... and it won't be long before you'll be wondering if Gold wouldn't be even better

We were very happy with Silver before BA devalued the Avios earning rate. But now, the need for Avios to support our 241 expenditure tends to make us want to retain Gold [so we now travel a bit more often to ensure that happens].
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:46 am

Programs: BA Gold
Enjoy Silver aidy,

it is a great benefit to have especially the lounge access etc.

Silver is a good balance between the nice little extras of what you need without going silly to chase status and try for Gold but maybe you will want that next like uncle T has
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Silver is GOOD
Gold is LOVELY

Nothing silly about having more holidays, surely?
Old Aug 29, 2016, 7:05 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by T8191
We were very happy with Silver before BA devalued the Avios earning rate. But now, the need for Avios to support our 241 expenditure tends to make us want to retain Gold [so we now travel a bit more often to ensure that happens].
I suppose from their point of view the reduction of Avios awarded to Silver members was a good move. If you're travelling a bit more now (because you're no longer happy with Silver) then BA are in a win win situation.

I know you don't travel as much with BA T8191, but they still get their share of the revenue.

Nothing silly about having more holidays, surely?
I can't argue with that!
Old Aug 29, 2016, 7:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Talking

Originally Posted by aidy
I know you guys get this all the time but I just wanted to thank you as I have hit silver today, with the tips and advice I got on here I still would of been a lowly bronze bloking up the boarding que!

And to top it off I'm waiting for my connection flight which will give me Westjet gold so 2 statuses in one day!

Thanks again everyone!
Those pesky bronzes

Congratulations, I hope you enjoy Silver. I find the advance seat selection and lounge access along with fast track most of the time to be the best features of Silver. The extra luggage allowance I am sure is welcome for some members.

I will shortly retain Silver and get it for another 2 years again due to the knowledge of Flyertalk. I really do love this forum.

Don't forget to change your bio here
Old Aug 29, 2016, 7:24 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Silver is GOOD
Gold is LOVELY
There was a time, not so very long ago, when all Gold cardholders were at risk of a "I know my place" cap-doffing jibe from someone based not too far from JER airport. Things appear to have moved on. I'm hoping HIDDY will give us the benefit of his thoughts on this pressing issue. (Hint: it could start "I told you so....")
Old Aug 29, 2016, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Don't forget to change your bio here
Who/what are you? Pot/Kettle moment, I think

There was a time, not so very long ago, when all Gold cardholders were at risk of a "I know my place" cap-doffing jibe from someone based not too far from JER airport. Things appear to have moved on. I'm hoping HIDDY will give us the benefit of his thoughts on this pressing issue. (Hint: it could start "I told you so....")
Yeah, fair call, but I haven't got round to complaining about Bronze/Silver impeding my stately progress [yet]. First check-in seems to alleviate that problem at LHR and LGW
Oh, and TSA Pre✓ "over there"

Originally Posted by headingwest
I know you don't travel as much with BA, T8191, but they still get their share of the revenue.
I don't mind BA getting their share of my meagre expenditure, as long as I can minimise my exposure to their diminished product

Last edited by T8191; Aug 29, 2016 at 7:33 am Reason: Added comma to heading west's post :)
Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

There was a time, not so very long ago, when all Gold cardholders were at risk of a "I know my place" cap-doffing jibe from someone based not too far from JER airport. Things appear to have moved on.

Well done aidy. ^

If you so wish you can now move on to stage 2 of the game. That is to book a cheap multi sector itinerary to somewhere you've never had any desire to visit like Hawaii, in order to attain Gold. Think twice about doing this as once accomplished you may suffer serious side effects...like a reversal in your thought process. You'll start seeing BA as being all bad and AA will become the best thing since sliced bread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.