Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Fare Basis and Booking Class from MMB or Email

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2016, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GFL, GGL, CCR and other stuff too tedious to mention

Is there any reliable means of determining BA fare classes, and especially fare bases, from locators (or ticket numbers come to that) as displayed on MMB or in confirmation emails?

I may need to change or cancel a long-held reservation and I'd rather be forewarned and forearmed by searching for similar class/availability before talking to the Service Centre.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 4:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The Selling Class (bucket) is found in MMB via the More Flight Information link.

The fare basis is much trickier, but you may find it on the e-ticket tab of classic.checkmytrip.com or on the Royal Jordanian website.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Bingo!

Thanks indeed CWS

(now just to figure out if ANCSALE fare basis is changeable .....)
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by reviewerb
(now just to figure out if ANCSALE fare basis is changeable .....)
That may also require the ticketing date, because IIRC there's a report that the current A class sale fares (don't know the fare basis code) have different conditions from recent such fares.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 11:08 am
Original Poster

It was ticketed a while ago - something like 3 months.......

So far, so good, except that Expertflyer F, Z, & A availability differs from what the Service Centre operator can see - so we appear to be at somewhat of a (hopefully temporary) impasse.

(ETA - interesting differentials between BA15 LHR-SYD showing A availability but when looking at it as two sectors BA 11 is OK for A class and the BA15 SIN-SYD sector showing zero - rather puzzling.)
Old Aug 24, 2016, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
So far, so good, except that Expertflyer F, Z, & A availability differs from what the Service Centre operator can see - so we appear to be at somewhat of a (hopefully temporary) impasse.
Possible point of sale differences? Which have you selected when you're looking using EF?
(ETA - interesting differentials between BA15 LHR-SYD showing A availability but when looking at it as two sectors BA 11 is OK for A class and the BA15 SIN-SYD sector showing zero - rather puzzling.)
This is standard revenue management stuff at work. Perfectly routine, and not in the least bit surprising.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:59 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Sorry for the necro but had to throw in my thanks for helping me find the FBC for my reservation. It is absolutely stupid that BA does not show any of this information, or even the fare rules. I basically had to load the PNR via RJ, which is pretty ridiculous. Even checkmytrip no longer shows anything.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:41 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The Selling Class (bucket) is found in MMB via the More Flight Information link.
Sorry if I am missing the obvious, but does this still work? When I look at my recent booking in MMB, I cannot see the fare bucket anymore anywhere on the site, not even when looking anywhere near the flight number...
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:50 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
Sorry if I am missing the obvious, but does this still work? When I look at my recent booking in MMB, I cannot see the fare bucket anymore anywhere on the site, not even when looking anywhere near the flight number...
Go into MMB and expand the section with the flight details (its header starts with the flight number). There is a link called More Flight Information towards the right, under the dates (location of link may be device-dependent). Clicking that link will open a pop-up, scroll down to the bottom of that pop-up and you should see the the fare bucket listed under Selling Class.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:57 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
Go into MMB and expand the section with the flight details (its header starts with the flight number). There is a link called More Flight Information towards the right, under the dates (location of link may be device-dependent). Clicking that link will open a pop-up, scroll down to the bottom of that pop-up and you should see the the fare bucket listed under Selling Class.
Ooooooh, I'm so thick! I completely missed that I had to scroll down in that "More Flight Information" pop-up, had not seen earlier that there was more content further below.

Thanks so much for pointing this out in such detail, you're my hero for today! ^:-:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.