Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

CE 1F blocked and empty two flights in a row BRU LHR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2016, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold

Dear all,

Happened to be on the last two flights. 1F is marked as blocked on expert flyer but departs as an empty seat. Of course, I would like to sit there but never had the option. Is there an operational reason for blocking this seat?

Thank you in advance.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 6:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Could be the seat is unserviceable.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 6:08 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
An unserviceable seat is indeed one option, along with a jump seat being out of order too. More likely, given the OP is Silver, this is the work of Theoretical Seating on FLY, which tends to favour Golds and above for that seat. You could have a word with the CSD/CSM/Purser if you wanted that seat, but system wise you may be blocked

Background reading:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26811659-post300.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...algorithm.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-cw-seats.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ked-seats.html
Old Aug 6, 2016, 6:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond + Ambassador, Accor Gold, Avis President's Club, Heathrow Rewards
I assume you know that blocked does not mean the same as occupied? As Jamier45 says, the seat could be out of service or unavailable for various reasons.

If what you are saying is that you set up a seat alert on EF that didn't fire and you didn't see the seat as available when you did OLCI, then the seat being out of commission is probably a good guess.

I've had a pretty good track record so far of getting into 1F (which is also my preferred seat in CE) using an EF seat alert.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 6:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond + Ambassador, Accor Gold, Avis President's Club, Heathrow Rewards
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
but system wise you may be blocked
I was quite worried that with FLY I would no longer manage to get into 1F So far, however, I haven't seen a big shift in my ability to get into that seat using an EF alert.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info, definitely not unservicable, the guy in 1D took the 1F seat during the flight. Since its happened twice, there is something else going on. But on both occasions 3 of the 4 seats in row one were occupied.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

It's looking more likely that they are blocking seats based on status. On my way back to BRU. Checked in to 2C with row one unavailable. Doors just closed with row one totally empty! After asking I moved to 1A. Looks like I need to go for gold status next year!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.