Wiki Posts
Search

LHR Queues and delays

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
LHR Queues and delays

We have all heard about the awful queues, leading onto various delays in the last 2 weeks, all seem to have gone quiet in regards to this now.

How are things looking?

Doing an exDUB on sunday so trying to estimate how bad it will be
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Are you referring to the queues at check-in caused by BA's new FLY departure control system, or queues at the UK Border caused by UKBF's resourcing issues?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:46 am
Original Poster

due to FLY, check in/bag drop
Old Jul 27, 2016, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Depends if FLY has turned its toes up on the day!
Old Jul 27, 2016, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Yes, FLY is vary variable at the moment. It hasn't been too bad the last few days. Really is pot luck unfortunately (or fortunately!).
Old Jul 27, 2016, 2:49 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
I'm avoiding checked bags where I can at the moment.

That said I'm off to Marseille this Friday for 2.5 weeks, and with no laundry facilities where we stay I shall definitely be checking a bag, on one of the busiest travel days of the year - eek! Just as well it's a 07:30am flight so hopefully we'll not have mahoosive queues if it does break.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 1:37 am

One scanner at South security fast track broken this morning, no ETA for a fix so pretty slow. Go north if you can!

Baggage problems again too with belts on the fritz
Old Jul 29, 2016, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hcuk94
I'm avoiding checked bags where I can at the moment.

That said I'm off to Marseille this Friday for 2.5 weeks, and with no laundry facilities where we stay I shall definitely be checking a bag, on one of the busiest travel days of the year - eek! Just as well it's a 07:30am flight so hopefully we'll not have mahoosive queues if it does break.
Same here my partner's visa as expired so she will be away for months, no chance of being HBO

Originally Posted by danpwc
One scanner at South security fast track broken this morning, no ETA for a fix so pretty slow. Go north if you can!

Baggage problems again too with belts on the fritz
Thanks and duly noted!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.