Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Time Changes - Autumn/Winter 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2016, 3:51 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
BA Time Changes - Autumn/Winter 2017

I've just had a notification from CheckMyTrip, that my BA34 (KUL-LHR) in early January has switched times.

The flight has been moved by just 20 mins, but the email to me indicated that I hadnt been moved onto the flight the next day, and instead was flying almost 24 hours earlier!

Quick call to YouFirst, and everything is back in order, and I'm now flying on 4th opposed to 3rd at 00:05 opposed to 23:45.

MyFlightsApp hasn't notified me yet, but I'd suggest people check their bookings for any changes...I had similar issues with GRU and GIG flights earlier this year.

M
Old Jul 8, 2016, 4:36 am

Programs: Gold Actually
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I've just had a notification from CheckMyTrip, that my BA34 (KUL-LHR) in early January has switched times.

The flight has been moved by just 20 mins, but the email to me indicated that I hadnt been moved onto the flight the next day, and instead was flying almost 24 hours earlier!

Quick call to YouFirst, and everything is back in order, and I'm now flying on 4th opposed to 3rd at 00:05 opposed to 23:45.

MyFlightsApp hasn't notified me yet, but I'd suggest people check their bookings for any changes...I had similar issues with GRU and GIG flights earlier this year.

M
doesn't this happen every year? Seems the programmers still haven't got it sussed yet!!
Old Jul 8, 2016, 4:41 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Moving the 34 past midnight is of course very good news for people who need Saturday night stays but don't want to land on a Monday.

I've just had an equipment change LHR-JFK on BA113, which is now 11.05 instead of 11.20 - which took me below minimum connection time as well.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Castle25
doesn't this happen every year? Seems the programmers still haven't got it sussed yet!!
You must be new here

BA's IT is not exactly renowned for its dependability and intelligence!

M
Old Jul 8, 2016, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cymro
Moving the 34 past midnight is of course very good news for people who need Saturday night stays but don't want to land on a Monday.

I've just had an equipment change LHR-JFK on BA113, which is now 11.05 instead of 11.20 - which took me below minimum connection time as well.
Good for some, but not those with Connecting Flights who may not find out until much nearer the time of the flight time change.

M
Old Jul 8, 2016, 5:21 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
A friend had the same yesterday with GIG flights - a lack of T Class on the flights 20 minutes after they were supposed to travel was causing problems (they had been booked on the 'same day' flights 23 hours previously).

BA sorted it IN THE END - but there you go, took a bit of harrassment getting them to open up T Class. Am also surprised that their IT doesn't automatically rebook to the closest option irrespective of day (as long as MCT not impacted on connecting flights).

Would GMT mean some flights (KUL/GIG) are impacted every year?
Old Jul 8, 2016, 5:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
Had my JFK flight changed too.

Interestingly the departure time changed whilst the arrival time remained constant; extra schedule padding perhaps?
Old Jul 8, 2016, 6:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
My RAK and BOM flights have both changed times to,was a bonus with the BOM flight as plane also changed from a 777 to a 747.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, QR Silver, IHG Diamond
BA's annual screw up...

This flight change happened last year for the KUL return flight, and has happened again today! The main problem is it means i arrive a day early for my connecting flight at LHR (!). Quick call to YouFirst and they advised that the KUL flights in First almost all fully booked, i could either keep the revised booking (and lose a day)or move to Sat night flight (another 3 days in KUL!). Was also offered the option of flying out from SIN, but had to make my own way there. Also, worth having a look at the Fare Code that has been applied to your amended booking...
Old Jul 8, 2016, 6:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by Cymro

I got the same message today. Still OK for minimum connection (coming from OSL). BUT.......15 mins less in CCR!
Old Jul 8, 2016, 7:35 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stu1985
BUT.......15 mins less in CCR!
That's shocking!

Funnily enough the schedule changes have probably done me a big favour. I don't have to change airports for connections now as the earlier arrival means I can connect (although it's tight!) to the only daily flight LGW-VIE. Although that said, a lot can change before now and January!
Old Jul 8, 2016, 8:32 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stu1985
BUT.......15 mins less in CCR!
Shocking! That one glass less of LPGS!
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:51 am

Programs: Mucci des Ancients Matelots
deleted unreasonable pedantry!
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:54 am
Original Poster

So BA texted me about an hour ago to tell me my flight had been cancelled, and I had been moved to a flight 24 hours later.

Evidently, I was ahead of the game, so had to call YouFirst again and ask them to put me back onto the flight I had switched to this morning (following the update from CMT).

Still, intriguingly, no update from MyFlights.

M
Old Jul 8, 2016, 10:02 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

Happened to one of my bookings on BA34 this January as well — but the interesting thing is they shifted the departure the other way around: from 0005 to 2345, and instead of rebooking on the previous day's flight they put me on the flight the same day almost 24 hours later. Good to see that they're mixing things up around this year

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.