Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Headphones enhanced away in World Traveller?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond

I haven't seen it mentioned here before, but have the headphones gone for good in World Traveller?

The little pack that's put on the seat contained these earphones - which kept falling out of my ear. Very annoying, and in the end I gave up.

Also, no longer any toothbrush or toothpaste in the pack.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:35 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, VS - Silver, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Bonvoy Gold
They were present last month (over ear) on my SFO flight and during April.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:40 am

I don't think they're that new, although I have a feeling they are only on some routes. Personally I much prefer them to headphones.

I always take my own earbuds but noticed people using these on a flight a while back and since then have always picked them up to take home. They're useful for spares in the car or out walking etc when I don't want to risk my Bose.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Well they might have been useful if they'd stayed in my ears!

I did actually have my own earphones, but my bag got dumped somewhere in another cabin.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by headingwest
Well they might have been useful if they'd stayed in my ears!

I did actually have my own earphones, but my bag got dumped somewhere in another cabin.
Ditto to that problem, I have never, ever been able to keep a pair of in-ear things to stay in (however cheap/expensive they are).
The WT headphones are worse than useless at best - always have to watch films with subtitles if I use the IFE, so replacing them with buds is a wash as far as I'm concerned.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The earbuds have been around for a few months now, I personally prefer them to the old headsets.
The toothbrush and toothpaste have gone the same way as the eye masks and socks and are now only available on request.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
I had them on my LHR-SFO WT in November last year. LHR-JFK the following month was the 'classic' headphones.

Seems there's some depletion of stock. I bring my own these days.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's what BA want you to do, there are plans for us to give these out after takeoff so no more IFE gate to gate unless you bring your own.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Can I help you
That's what BA want you to do, there are plans for us to give these out after takeoff so no more IFE gate to gate unless you bring your own.
Do the AA two-pin ones work on BA? I have a skip-full of them.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, they are a one pin type.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold
The toothbrush and toothpaste have gone the same way as the eye masks and socks and are now only available on request.
Does BA let Y passengers this?

H
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Yes they do.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by headingwest
Yes they do.
That's refreshing to read. Ta!

H
Old Jun 29, 2016, 2:57 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The earbuds have been around for a few months now, I personally prefer them to the old headsets.
The sound quality is certainly better than the previous ones - CE customers get these on the A321s. Given it probably costs a quid each, the bass is quite good, the midrange reasonable (and the treble truly appalling, as it was bound to be). I use my BA pair as an emergency backup when my mega expensive Shure monitors get forgotten and left at home. They are supposed to go all the way into the ear channel, which isn't for some people, but if you twist them slightly, to a bit of an angle, they should stay in. Their biggest fault is that there isn't a "left" / "right" marker that I can find, so if you don't know your music well enough you may get reversed stereo.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

For a couple of hours I tried all ways to get them to stay in but without success. But I suppose it's my fault for having incompatible ears!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.