Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Missing paperwork from London?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2016, 1:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Missing paperwork from London?

BA831 this morning DUB-LHR.

We have just pulled out at the last minute from the (long!) departure queue due to "missing paperwork from London"

Any ideas? (We apparently don't need to return to the gate)
Old Jun 27, 2016, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by Dambus
BA831 this morning DUB-LHR.

We have just pulled out at the last minute from the (long!) departure queue due to "missing paperwork from London"

Any ideas? (We apparently don't need to return to the gate)
Probably a load sheet being sent by acars.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 1:35 am

Programs: VS Silver, EK Gold, BA GGL/CCR
It will most likely be the load sheet with final weights etc.

They are produced centrally and sent to the aircraft between doors closing and final checks. The very short taxi length at DUB seems to exacerbate the problem and it not the first time it's happened there.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Interesting - thanks. Hadn't realised there was a degree of parallel processing during taxi.

The additional delay was only 10-15mins in the end.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 8:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, KLM Platinum, SQ Silver, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Platinum
Had the same experience yesterday on the way back from TFS - > LGW.

Captain said: "Waiting for London to do the weight calculations and get back to us."

Probably around 15mins wait during taxiing.

Another 15mins delay before closing doors due to a discrepancy in the number of passengers on paper (or digital?) vs onboard.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 9:52 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
My wife And I were on the 831 with you OP! Such an awesome cabin crew.

Final dispatch calculations often come after push back and are usually not an issue. Sometimes, an airline will run across either a last minute change or a delay in communication.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When it goes really wrong you can end up back at the gate and have all the cargo offloaded!
Old Jun 27, 2016, 11:26 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Had this a couple of years ago in CAI. Pulled on to the runway and then taxied to the first exit and rejoined the takeoff queue.

Captain came over the PA saying they had been waiting on some paperwork and still hadn't received it by the time we had reached the departure runway so had to carry out that little extra drive by.

Safe & Happy Travels

S

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.