Wiki Posts
Search

BA silver and CX lounge access at HKG

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2016, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA executive club silver HHonors Gold
Smile BA silver and CX lounge access at HKG

I would be travelling in economy and premium economy with CX on the segments DEL-HKG-HND and back. On the HKG-HND segment my ticket is in premium economy.
My question is if I would be allowed into any of the lounges at HKG airport

I am sorry if this has been asked before
Old May 28, 2016, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Welcome to Flyertalk and to the BA forum!

Yes, if you are BA silver, you are allowed lounge access when travelling on Oneworld airlines (including CX) regardless of your class of travel so you will not have any problem accessing the lounges.

You will find a lot of useful information through the dashboard http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...dashboard.html
and the Executive Club guide sticky threads in this forum.

Enjoy your trip to beautiful Tokyo!
Old May 29, 2016, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Welcome!

You'll have access to G16, The Pier (closed), The Cabin, The Bridge, and The Wing lounges, as well as the Qantas lounge.
Old May 29, 2016, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by BA6501
Welcome!

You'll have access to G16, The Pier (closed), The Cabin, The Bridge, and The Wing lounges, as well as the Qantas lounge.
And lounge access in DEL too !
Old May 29, 2016, 11:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; M&M FT
Welcome!

... aaaand which one of these would be the best?
Old May 29, 2016, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Try them all!
Old May 29, 2016, 11:41 am
Formerly known as linzbh

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
The bridge is the best Sapphire lounge in my opinion. The QF is good but it being open to the terminal makes it very loud as there is a kids playground down by the gates below.
Old May 29, 2016, 11:44 am

A few months ago I flew to Thailand and Vietnam (open-jaw) via HK on CX in economy, as a BA Silver. CX were wonderful - I was able to reserve an emergency exit seat at the time I bought the ticket, was welcomed by name as I took my seat and loved the lounges at HK. The showers are a lovely, clean, virtually queue-free experience and those, along with the excellent food, really turn an economy flight into something a bit special imo.

The downside .... virtually no tier points or airmiles due to the cheap (£355) promotion. As I personally find airmiles good value (I regularly fly BSL-LHR and think the number if miles needed vs the cost of a normal ticket is good) it could still have been cheaper for me to have flown BA. Except the BA website doesn't allow open-jaw where it has to code-share one or both ways on CX and I couldn't be bothered to ring up and sort it out on the phone. Plus I actually look forward to transiting in HK when I can use the lounges.
Old May 29, 2016, 10:45 pm

Welcome!

The OP doesn't specify when they are flying, but The Pier will be open again in the next few days whilst G16 will be closing after the summer for renovations.

If flying from a low numbered gate I would use the Qantas lounge. If going from a high numbered gate (~30+) I would use The Bridge, however when it opens The Pier J is probably going to be the best of the lot.

You also get to use the excellent CX lounge at HND.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.