Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA 747 or AA 772 in Business?

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2016, 1:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, &c.
Originally Posted by shefgab
The flight was actually originally their 767 with 1x2x1 seating that I was looking forward to trying.
You're not missing much there. That refurbed 767 is worse than the refurbed 772 which is worse than the 77W. On the 767, there's very little privacy, no built-in IFE (FAs pass out tablets), and the footwell is fairly constricting (and I say this as someone with not big feet). It's only advantage over CW is all-aisle access. Plus, there's always the worry it'll get swapped out for one of the slopey-seat planes.
Old May 28, 2016, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by henkybaby
I am screwed exUS on anything under 7hrs anyway... I find the UD window seats more sleep-enabling than the Cirrus seats.
The 772 is not the Cirrus seat.
Old May 28, 2016, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by orbitmic
The 772 is not the Cirrus seat.
Ah, right. It's the AA yin/yang equivalent. Pretty similar though.
Old May 28, 2016, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Ah, right. It's the AA yin/yang equivalent. Pretty similar though.
Actually, it is quite different in feel and I think that on the AA forum many people do not like it. I personally quite like it (although I think I understand why some people don't) but personally prefer the Cirrus which feels more private in my view.

64K as obtained by the OP is fine, but I would personally choose the AA 772 seat (let alone a 77W seat) any day over non-window BA J seats.
Old May 28, 2016, 4:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Actually, it is quite different in feel and I think that on the AA forum many people do not like it. I personally quite like it (although I think I understand why some people don't) but personally prefer the Cirrus which feels more private in my view.

64K as obtained by the OP is fine, but I would personally choose the AA 772 seat (let alone a 77W seat) any day over non-window BA J seats.
AA business class on the 777-300 is superb. If the seat on the 772 is anything like it then the it AA all the way.
Old May 29, 2016, 12:15 am

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels

I'd agree with that -we pretty much exclusively take AA over on the daylight flights to JFK since they guaranteed that route with updated cabins on the 777.

Coming back we go with BA as the pre-flight dining and ability to get at least some sleep plus freshen up in Arrivals ticks most boxes especially if seated on the UD.

On a longer sector AA might win out although the prospect of doing a flight in the old AA cabins again would fill me with dread, so be careful out there!
Old May 29, 2016, 2:50 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by binman
AA business class on the 777-300 is superb. If the seat on the 772 is anything like it then the it AA all the way.
It's not the same. It's the Zodiac Concept D seat, and is noticeably shorter (when flat) and narrower than the Cirrus seat. It has noticeably less space around the seat as well, particularly the front-facing seats. It's far more closely comparable to BA CW (and generally considered inferior to the Cirrus seat, although some like the way the Zodiac is padded more than the Cirrus which they find too hard).

(I wrote a longer commentary here with comparison to CW.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.