Wiki Posts
Search

What's new in First

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2016, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by will2288
That would be nice. On Lufthansa F, I seem to recall getting a hot towel at the beginning of the flight and a cold towel after sleeping before breakfast. Which I thought worked out great.
QR gives you the hot/cold choice in J.
Old May 27, 2016, 7:02 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Can I help you
All towels whether handed out in the cabin or in the toilets are thrown away.
Not sure why better quality towels can't be used and washed and reused.
Old May 28, 2016, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Congratulations to What. I hope he enjoys First. ^ Who's in Club World.
Old May 28, 2016, 1:54 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Maluku_Flyer
QR gives you the hot/cold choice in J.
See my Post #18 in this thread.

A lot more love for cold than I had expected.

M
Old May 28, 2016, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Lets not even get started on the changes coming to the back cabins in terms of IFE and earphones... The cray house just keeps getting crazier...
It's a good idea to hand out headphones to those who need them, rather than giving them to everyone, as so many people have their own. If you want to watch IFE before take-off (a new experience after all), then spend a pound or two in advance and buy your own

It doesn't make sense to only load 50% of them, as when they run out (like they do with slippers in First) there's not much you can do.

BA need to get a process going so they can load more slippers, headphones, female amenity kits and small pyjamas, and return unused ones to be put on the next flight.
Old May 28, 2016, 2:11 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by DG55
What's that then?
Hi. A back cabin is usually called economy and is not the natural habitat of a FlyerTalker.
Old May 28, 2016, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
If earbuds are not opened they remain on the seats and get reused, the problem is that the cleaners are throwing them away.
Old May 28, 2016, 2:47 am

A good enhancement, even if a small one.

A choice of hot or cold towels would be even better. I assume cold towels are kept in the chiller so would be easy to do from a service perspective.

Hot towels might only be a little thing but it is one of those differentiators for service on a plane at the pointy-end.
Old May 28, 2016, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The only difference between hot and cold towels is the temperture of the water we pour over them.
Old May 28, 2016, 3:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
On a very hot UD, on a very hot day during BOS's dalliance with MF, a very young FA offered cold towels on boarding. He was only a few days out of training.

They were most welcome and the only time I've been offered cold towels on BA.
Old May 28, 2016, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

A lot more love for cold than I had expected.

M
I'm not sure it's that surprising: to my knowledge, there are actually more parts of the world with a cold towel tradition than a hot towel one! At least in terms of the countries I have visited.
Old May 28, 2016, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by 710 77345
It's a good idea to hand out headphones to those who need them, rather than giving them to everyone, as so many people have their own.
IB do that too.
Old May 28, 2016, 4:30 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
CIHY, thanks for the updates.

Originally Posted by will2288
What does it mean that the slippers are handed out proactively, but only loaded to 50%? Wouldn't that lead to lots of people not getting slippers? Unless half decline the offer.
If offered I would decline, since they don't fit my size 12s. I can't be the only bigfoot flying BA at the pointy end. In an ideal world, the large sleep suit would come with slippers to suit (size 11 or so), the medium with the current slippers, etc. This problem is not unique to BA, I have extremely rarely found any slippers in a hotel, spa, or similar to fit larger than average feet.

As to hot and cold towels, a hot towel soon becomes cold if you hold it open for a short while I use the hot towel not just to wipe my hands, but also my face which has usually accumulated dust and grease by the time I board the aircraft.
Old May 28, 2016, 4:47 am

A little OT but the scented cold towels I had on a recent QR flight in J came into their own... the guy in a seat across the way from me had a flatulence problem. Silent but deadly and unfortunately too frequent. The kind FA looking after me kept me in a supply of towels to hold over my nose and mouth each time a bomb dropped.

The couple sitting in front of me took a different approach - each time it happened the woman picked up her magazine and wafted it over her and her partner's heads in a very theatrical style.

That flight to Doha felt surprisingly long.

So provision of towels (scented ideally) can also be a social service.
Old May 28, 2016, 5:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
For the record, here are the new Dartington glasses, which hail from Torrington, Devon. Photo courtesy of BA Media Centre. "The range includes a tumbler, brandy glass, wine glass, champagne flute and a deep crimson red water glass, to provide a burst of colour in the stylish understated cabin."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.