Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA site would not let Ruby to choose seats 48 hrs before departure ???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2016, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I thought OW Ruby could choose seats 7 days in advance. However when I tried to change the bulk pre assigned seats to just a row behind on a LHR to SPU flight, despite thesitetold me I could select seats for freeitwould not take the change. Instead it told me tocontact BA local office. What may cause that?
Old May 13, 2016, 5:41 am

There have been lots of issues with seating allocation over the last few months. If within 48 hours of departure then it is probably either an aircraft change or some other remaining glitch in the system (I've had the same message recently as both OWS and OWE).

If do you call the BA office then they may or may not be able to move you....

Very frustrating I know!
Old May 13, 2016, 5:51 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I suspect that this is linked to an aircraft change, as you're being referred to a BA office - i.e., to take it offline.

However, if you were being charged for the seats, then it would be a glitch in your membership (or the booking not reflecting your membership). However it seems like you couldn't pay even if you wanted to, so it's not status-related.
Old May 13, 2016, 6:06 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
When you say the "bulk preassigned seats", does that mean you are part of a bigger group booking? If so, that may impact your ability to change seats
Old May 13, 2016, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Sorry for the word bulk. Not sure why it was there. I am on iPad and it tends to do strange thing. To prrefill unfinished words. Seats were being pre assigned by BA at booking? I have no idea. It was the first time I went to look at the seat map. The site allowed me to choose seats. It however would not save the change.

FFN correctly shown and seat map shows up. It just refuses to save the changes and gives me the message to contact BA office.
Old May 13, 2016, 2:25 pm

Programs: Stuff
It's not a plane change, there's a bug in the system and a bad one. I was able to online change my LHR>EDI flight a few days before I flew on wednesday but when I tried on Thursday morning to move my return trip for today, it failed with the error above, when i called CS they moved me but the seat I wanted (1D on a domestic flight) had already gone in the 20 minutes it took them to do it so they put me in the seat behind. 2D.. Today, I go to check in for my flight on the iPhone App and the thing tells me I'm in 28B.. ...? I call up, they see the agent did what she said she did and confirmed it wasn't a plane change but they couldn't understand how I got bumped to the back of the plane.. They managed to get me onto an emergency exit row so I didn't have my knees around my ears....

I'm flying LHR > DUB on Sunday and I just went to move my seat and I got the same problem. They are shut now so fingers crossed the seat I want is still available tomorrow when I call and that I'm not sat right at the back when I check in...! Fix it please BA! It's not good for your customers..
Old May 14, 2016, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yes today when I checked in 10 min after check in open, I found out we no longer at 8ab but to 26cd?!

I moved us to 11ab, c is occupied from the very beginning. Then returned tried to change seat again and there is no option to change at all!

Very unfriendly system.

Also there is no toll free number for UK?! WOW, no toll free number for BA's home country but there is one for US. This is truly hostile to its customers.
Old May 14, 2016, 10:31 am

I'm amazed people tolerate this. I'm booked all the way ahead for January with Qatar and chose my seat instantly. Since I have to change either at London or Doha, I chose the airline that lets me choose my seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.