Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LCY fog delays

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2016, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
LCY fog delays

Looks like a foggy day down in London, the usual suspects at the EDI lounge are doing a fantastic job of re-booking people to LGW and other options as they become available.
Old May 10, 2016, 11:14 pm

Programs: BA silver.
Originally Posted by crazy8534
Looks like a foggy day down in London, the usual suspects at the EDI lounge are doing a fantastic job of re-booking people to LGW and other options as they become available.
I just asked about this in another thread! Thanks for the extra info.

Last edited by dorothyr; May 10, 2016 at 11:21 pm
Old May 10, 2016, 11:26 pm

Indeed a few cancellations already on the list.

Cue someone with the usual 'I stuck my head out the bedroom window and it looked OK' type comment.
Old May 10, 2016, 11:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by simons1

Cue someone with the usual 'I stuck my head out the bedroom window and it looked OK' type comment.

'My granny could land a 747 in this....'
Old May 10, 2016, 11:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL; Hilton Diamond
I'm sat in the terminal and it looks ok ;-)

Probably ok for take-offs and it looks like my AMS is going ahead so I assume the equipment overnighted here
Old May 10, 2016, 11:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Currently on a bus to LHR (a very pleasant one I might add) following my cancelled LCY flight. The breakfast will make up for the wasted early rise I hope, but very foggy all over.
Old May 10, 2016, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Schiehallion
Currently on a bus to LHR (a very pleasant one I might add) following my cancelled LCY flight. The breakfast will make up for the wasted early rise I hope, but very foggy all over.
Load of goldies on the back of the Heathrow bus now waiting to leave EDI.
Old May 11, 2016, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Wow, can really smell the avgas back here! Is this how normal people are used to travelling?!
Old May 11, 2016, 12:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by crazy8534
Wow, can really smell the avgas back here! Is this how normal people are used to travelling?!
Yes it is awful at Embraer services, even worse when you arrive into LCY, since the Avgas fumes spread out from the aircraft into the arrivals area. Despite the amount of flying I do, Jet-A really makes me feel nauseous. I know some airport staff laugh at being addicted to the stuff - after a few days holiday on the beach, they start getting headaches and other withdrawal symptoms.

Anyways: anyone who is booked out of LCY today, and not yet at an airport, may want to look at the Change Date / Time of my Flight in Manage My Booking. It allowed me to switch from LCY to LHR without issues.
Old May 11, 2016, 1:04 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I know some airport staff laugh at being addicted to the stuff.
mmmmmm
think we could bottle the smell from the ramp, being a TRM there has advantages hehe

E195
Old May 11, 2016, 1:08 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by simons1

Don't know what the fuss is about, visibility seems fine at Canning Town
Old May 11, 2016, 1:11 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by e195
mmmmmm
think we could bottle the smell from the ramp, being a TRM there has advantages hehe

E195
Well you're doing a job which I could never do, I'd last about 15 minutes. I sure it causes you no harm, and your sense of humour is clearly unaffected. Feel free to post more about the fun and games of being a TRM (turnaround manager, the guy/gal who runs around the aircraft with sheets of paper just before departure) at LCY....
Old May 11, 2016, 1:18 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Feel free to post more about the fun and games of being a TRM (turnaround manager, the guy/gal who runs around the aircraft with sheets of paper just before departure) at LCY....
Hmm, you know those little blue ropes around the departure door to the ramp?
One morning shift, after a hockey game the night before (ice hockey goalie here - that does one harm) - I stepped over with one leg and the other one sort of didn't fully make it... needless to say i tripped over my own departure gate ropes haha
To be fair I found out later I have fractured two ribs in the game the night before.

High pain threshold..

I think I'm the only Scottish TRM... been in my shirt sleeves since Feb, even at -2c outside

E195
Old May 11, 2016, 1:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
There was a big long queue outside the lounge earlier and everything a bit chaotic. Never seen the lounge so busy but staff doing a great job helping everyone and servers are as smiley as usual.
Old May 11, 2016, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
As an aside, JER is all clogged out with all inbounds showing "Delayed". Met giving "Extensive Mist and Fog patches"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.