Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Lounge options for First with overnight connection

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2016, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BMI Diamond Club

I have a BA Flight from LBA-LHR(T5)-LHR(T3)-PHX with an overnight connection in LHR. I arrive at 15:40 in T5 on 31/05 and then depart the next day 01/06 from T3 at 14:45

All part of the same PNR and the flight to PHX is in First. I'm anticipating checking my bags through from LBA and getting my PHX boarding pass also.
I've got a hotel booked for the overnight.

I have a few lounge questions to which I think I've found answers but would like to confirm my understanding.

Upon Arriving at T5 on a domestic flight can I go through to the T5 Airside lounges? I believe not and the Arrivals lounge will be closed.

Could I go airside at T3 using my PHX boarding pass on 31/05 (ie day before my flight) to use a lounge and then come back out to spend the night at my hotel? I think probably not and might cause some confusion if I did.

On the day of my PHX flight could I go via T5 to use the Concorde Room? And then transfer across to T3 to make my flight?
or will my boarding pass only allow me to check in to T3?
in which case...
could I check in in at T3 and use transfer to go to CCR at T5 and then transfer back to T3? Or is that just too much hassle!?

Thanks
Old May 5, 2016, 1:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
You should get the lounge at LBA

You will not get arrivals lounge in T5

You are unlikely to get airside at T3 on the 31st

you will not get into T5 airside on the 1st so you will not have access to CCR
no you cannot check in in T3 and transfer to airside in t5

you will have access to the BA first lounge in T3
Old May 5, 2016, 1:49 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Learner99
Upon Arriving at T5 on a domestic flight can I go through to the T5 Airside lounges? I believe not and the Arrivals lounge will be closed.
That's correct.

Could I go airside at T3 using my PHX boarding pass on 31/05 (ie day before my flight) to use a lounge and then come back out to spend the night at my hotel? I think probably not and might cause some confusion if I did.
There is a boarding pass check after LBA services at T5, if trying to go to T3 airside, and though I doubt they will be so switched on to the check the date, in theory they are supposed to prevent you taking this airside route. Assuming they don't refer you to landside - in which case you won't get through at T3 - then once in T3 you could only use the paid for lounges (so No. 1 Traveller), not the oneworld lounges. You do get the lounge at LBA, with new furniture, so that should satisfy your lounge cravings for the day, I'd imagine.

On the day of my PHX flight could I go via T5 to use the Concorde Room? And then transfer across to T3 to make my flight?
Definitely not possible.
Old May 5, 2016, 2:29 pm

A follow up:

Coming from EDI to LHR and then on to DEN from T3, can we use the CCR for lunch before going over to T3?
Old May 5, 2016, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc

or will my boarding pass only allow me to check in to T3?
in which case...
could I check in in at T3 and use transfer to go to CCR at T5 and then transfer back to T3? Or is that just too much hassle!?

Thanks
Q1: No arrivals lounge
Q2: No to lounge access the day before
Q3: No to lounge in another terminal

Originally Posted by flygod
A follow up:

Coming from EDI to LHR and then on to DEN from T3, can we use the CCR for lunch before going over to T3?
And again no.
Old May 5, 2016, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by flygod
A follow up:

No, you will not get access to T5 airside, therefore no access to CCR.
Old May 5, 2016, 3:02 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Hello Learner99. The day you are flying from LBA appears to be one of the few days I am not around this month as I would have liked to say hello. Just in case you haven't flown through LBA before, you will get to use the fast track land for security, and your gate should be 8 - they usually start boarding 30-35 mins before the departure time. Also as noted there is new furniture in the lounge at LBA which of course is very exciting (I don't get out much!).

Enjoy your flight at the end of the month.
Old May 6, 2016, 1:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BMI Diamond Club
Thanks all for the responses and clear guidance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.