Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DXB Concourse D has opened

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2016, 1:59 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

This morning’s BA105 happened to be the very first flight to use Concourse D

http://www.thenational.ae/business/a...-to-90-million
Old Feb 24, 2016, 2:03 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist
Finally!! I wonder if the BA lounge has also opened.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 2:06 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

I believe so but don't know for sure. The much anticipated new British Airways lounge will have a Concorde Room Bar
Old Feb 24, 2016, 2:19 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
I was on the BA109 which arrived an hour later. Now I know why the ground beneath the BA 747 I saw was wet.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 2:23 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Prospero
Very OT - they did that at MAN for the inaugural VS MAN-ATL flight. Unfortunately, they used foam rather than water, which led to the flight being canceled and the A330 being grounded
Old Feb 24, 2016, 2:24 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by PoincianaKings
Finally!! I wonder if the BA lounge has also opened.
No it hasn't Yes, it's open!
Here is 'BT's review.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...unges-at-dubai

Last edited by travelwithross; Feb 24, 2016 at 2:30 am
Old Feb 24, 2016, 2:25 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by rxfleming
No it hasn't.
Do you know if the QR lounges have opened? That should be another option.

If not, where are the BA passengers directed?
Old Feb 24, 2016, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
British Airways has unveiled its prestigious new lounge at the newly-built Concourse D in Dubai's international Airport.
The new premium lounge has been designed to maximise space using architectural elements such as illuminated glass screens giving customers separate spaces to work, relax or dine, creating a calm and relaxing environment.

It has a large framed wall mirror that reflects the stunning feature lighting making a more spacious setting. Customers can also choose from a selection of hot and cold food as well as enjoy fine wines and champagnes at the Delhi bar.

Overlooking the airport's retail atrium, the lounge has been finished to a very high quality, complete with black Nero marble surfaces and European oak flooring.

​​
The new premium lounge has been designed to maximise space.
Within the lounge, the new Concorde Bar provides an exclusive area for First customers and their guests to relax and unwind in a private environment before boarding their flight.

Troy Warfield, Director of Customer Experience, said: "Our premium customers flying from Dubai will be able to enjoy the airline's newest lounge, featuring the exclusive luxury of the Concorde Bar for First customers.

"Our designers have created a contemporary and stylish space for Club World and First customers to relax, dine and refresh before boarding their flight to Heathrow.

"We have also ensured that, for the first time, every single customer has access to power and USB points throughout the new lounge to re-charge their personal electronic devices."

The new lounge has been carefully designed to showcase the best of British design and architecture, offering a stylish, quiet and relaxing space for premium customers. It will also feature artwork from established Iraqi-born artist, Dia Al Azzawi, as well as Gulf heritage images from the British Airways archive.

The new Dubai lounge is home to the airlines second Concorde Bar, the first of which opened late last year in Singapore.

First customers will be given a special entry card at reception for the private bar, which they simply swipe at an electronic reader to gain access. Inside, they will be able to choose from a selection of fine wines and champagne before relaxing in the privacy of their own booth.
The lounge is open to British Airways' First and Club World customers as well as Silver and Gold executive card holders.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 3:56 am

Has anybody been to the Concorde bar in DXB yet? Is it any good?
Old Feb 24, 2016, 4:19 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
So is there different dining for F, or just better booze?
Old Feb 24, 2016, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by FlyingB1975
Has anybody been to the Concorde bar in DXB yet? Is it any good?
As its only opened today, my guess is no as of yet.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 4:35 am

From the pure geek perspective, this is I think the first location with 'Concorde' branding to which Concorde never operated in revenue service?
Old Feb 24, 2016, 4:51 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
So is there different dining for F, or just better booze?
It's a bar. I assume there's the hint...
Old Feb 24, 2016, 5:00 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by rxfleming
It's a bar. I assume there's the hint...

I haven't been to the one in SIN, so don't know how it works. I think I had assumed US-style pre-flight dining for Club and First, which is differentiated, but it looks as if that was never the case in Dubai anyway.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 5:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
I haven't been to the CCB in SIN but am I right in getting the general impression that it isn't felt to be very good? I think if you are getting a swipe card to access the DXB CCB it suggests there won't be many staff around there to serve you.

Having said that, if it means the sort of overall lounge improvement that we have seen in e.g. IAD then I would be very happy in the round.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.