Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Danish airline Jettime to operate BA flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Danish airline Jettime to operate BA flights

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2016, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But ABZ is MF and they understand Bevvie Airways very well in my experience. It has the longest domestic sector time as well. I've had four bevvies on one of those services which were proactively offered- no galley visits or call bells! Impressive.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by hugolover
But ABZ is MF and they understand Bevvie Airways very well in my experience. It has the longest domestic sector time as well. I've had four bevvies on one of those services which were proactively offered- no galley visits or call bells! Impressive.
INV
Old Jul 23, 2016, 1:37 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by JamieABZ
Interesting, I always avoid that flight, maybe need to give it a go. I don't fancy the bussing thing.
The bussing is it's biggest downfall.
At T5 we had to queue for 20 mins or so to board at a sweltering hot bus gate with no priority and a disorganised mass of people, with the ABZ flight boarding at the same time as the GLA and therefore all the ABZ pax shoving past the GLA crowd to try and get to their gate. The bus journey was actually the less offensive part....

Jettime itself was quite reasonable, interior is quite dated but staff good, though they seem to have a slightly reduced stock (e.g. no vegetarian breakfast loaded).
Old Jul 23, 2016, 1:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Disagree: the bussing is good on an inbound. Buses are always there and you get dropped off at the escalators to immigration. No horrible long walks.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Rewards Spire Ambassador
I was meant to be on an earlier BA operated flight from GLA to LHR last night that was cancelled and I was moved across to the JT operated 21:00 departure. Whilst that meant I lost my usual 1C, I managed to secure the exit row (11) with two seats for me and my friend.

I was very surprised when the (rather sullen) flight attendant then told us before take off that, due to being in an exit row, that we were not allowed to have any reading materials during take off/landing. Having sat in many exit rows on different carriers over the years I don't think I have ever come across this before - is this a Danish regulation that JT need to follow for some reason? If not, why can't BA ensure that similar rules apply to their own routes?

I know it's a minor thing - and if there is a regulation that says this needs done then obviously that's fine - but the inconsistency is annoying.

I have been on a couple of JT's before and they have been great both times, though then I was sat upfront. This time when I asked for a gin - on one of the warmest days of the year - it was pretty much thrown at me along with an unchilled can of tonic, one ice cube and no lemon. First world problems I know....
Old Aug 1, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: BA Silver
Hi, new to posting, been a reader for a couple years.

Jettime has brought it out of me. I'd booked several return trips to CPH from LHR on BA this summer several months ago, due to summer commuting to my family who are on holiday.

So I've been unfortunate to get stuck on their flights as they fly evenings out of LHR and first thing monday back. First flight with them was Monday 18th 7:30am. By Sunday night the app had already informed me that the flight wasn't expected to depart until approx. 10:30. As I would have to leave home at 5:00am to catch the flight I wanted to know if this was guaranteed to be late. EC CS told me I had to arrive for the original departure time "just in case". I duly checked again at 4:30am by which time the delay was reporting 11:30am.

As I had a rental car holiday booking, I called the duty desk who advised me not to arrive at the airport for the original departure time, contradicting CS. I said I had to work during the day and that I could not spend the middle of the day at the airport and on a plane then getting through LHR, so they moved me to the evening flight on a BA plane. In the end the JT operated flight departed close to noon, a 4.5 hour delay.

Second experience was the following Thursday 21 July evening for the approx. 19:00 flight LHR-CPH. Flight was 5 minutes from boarding when they announced the crew where on another flight coming in after 20:00. So headed back to lounge, turns out it was actually the plane coming in (domestic arrival presumably). Flight ended up c. 1 hour late pushing arrival past the rental car desk hours at CPH (luckily stayed open 30 minutes late that day), despite being a BA holiday booking, the CS officer in the Galleries North lounge said they could do nothing to assist me regarding the late arrival of the flight and resulting problem with rental desk hours.

Anyways the plane was on a remote stand, it was the so-called scratched plane missing some paint down the side. Plane was bit run down, no big deal but the luggage bins are smaller than BA standard, and they made quite a fuss about it. I was in an exit row, 12D, and they had no issue with anyone listening to headphones, the crew were friendly. Also note to anyone, row 10 is NOT an exit row despite being shown as one on the BA seatfinder, only 11 and 12 have extra legroom, some of the row 10 passengers got fairly annoyed at finding this out the hard way.

Overall it seems they are consistently late, for whatever reason, this operating arrangement isn't working well, and as an overall conclusion definitely not up to BA standards.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: ex BD(LG),HH(D),SPG(P)/(LG), BA(G)
They do seem to suffer from delays....I can only guess it may be to do with turnaround time on a remote stand (pure logical speculation on my part). I'm not sure if the original timetable when operated by BA was based on airbridges which may have faster turnaround times? I flew JT a couple of weeks ago, again, CPH-LHR on the late afternoon flight. A delay was shown on the BA app of over an hour very first thing that morning...needless to say it crept further and further away from the intended departure time.

However, in flight the service has been fine and the crew good.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: BA Silver
Although I don't know much about crew rota's, aircraft maintenance support etc, I wonder if the knock on effect of small delays can completely mess up their operation as the planes are operating away from home, for instance my flight on the 18th July as described above, I watched a Jettime crew disembark a BA plane in CPH.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Priority Club Gold, Herts Pres Circle
Originally Posted by rsw8
Second experience was the following Thursday 21 July evening for the approx. 19:00 flight LHR-CPH. Flight was 5 minutes from boarding when they announced the crew where on another flight coming in after 20:00. So headed back to lounge, turns out it was actually the plane coming in (domestic arrival presumably). Flight ended up c. 1 hour late pushing arrival past the rental car desk hours at CPH (luckily stayed open 30 minutes late that day), despite being a BA holiday booking, the CS officer in the Galleries North lounge said they could do nothing to assist me regarding the late arrival of the flight and resulting problem with rental desk hours.

Anyways the plane was on a remote stand, it was the so-called scratched plane missing some paint down the side. Plane was bit run down
I was also on this flight, noticed when getting ready to leave the GF that the departure time had changed so Guest Services checked for me and advised that the crew hadn't arrived as well. The plane was sitting at the remote stand opposite the Gin Bar from at least 5pm when I turned up at GF lounge.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 11:56 am

FYI it's not just one plane that has the 'scratch down the side' - when I was at LHR a month or two ago I saw several different tail registrations all have the same mark so it's likely part of the livery.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 2:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Sitting in GC 5B after my connection from CPH on Jet Time. On the whole, pretty good experience. Departed on time, arrived 15 mins early, bus transfer to terminal efficient and speedy. even transfer at 5A connections was totally painless.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Blue
Usually delayed LHR - CPH

Hi,

I used BA Jettime twice and both times they were delayed by more than an hour. Service is ok and yes the plane is dated but it does the job.

I want to book another BA flight from LHR to CPH and the way out would be with JetNotOnTime in the evening. If they are usually late I am tempted to book my flight with SAS instead. Was I just unlucky or it is a common occurrence?
Old Aug 2, 2016, 6:08 am

Programs: BA GGL
I'm on a CPH rotation and it's not going all that well. Missing passengers and some offloading, but a first for me is needing to move the curtain forward with all of us sat onboard! It's actually pretty easy by the looks of things, but needed help from ground staff.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 6:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
I had the jettime from GLA on Saturday morning

inbound aircraft was around 15 minutes delayed, we are logged as having arrived 11 minutes late.

Compared with my BA aircraft experience heading north a week earlier where my original aircraft heading north was cancelled and the later rebooked flight was 2 hours late as, despite the aircraft being on the ground, the pilot was on his way back hamburg

Delays and happening everywhere at the moment, especially it would seem on domestics which have a knock on effect on the Copenhagen rotations.

I cannot explain the late departure from Copenhagen unless there was some required maintenance
Old Sep 10, 2016, 1:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just boarded the BA1474 to Glasgow operated by Jet Time. Horrible bus transfer getting rammed shoulder to shoulder on the bus. The JetTime aircraft feels very date and grubby inside. Feels sticky in the seats and there is an awful smell of vomit at the front of the aircraft. (I am in row 4) seems to be coming from row 1 as the pax in 1c just complained.
Based on the boarding and now inevitable late departure I'll be avoiding JetTime in future. I don't care about service etc on board on such a short flight. I'd prefer a civilised boarding process and clean aircraft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.