Search

Easter Travel Help

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2016, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Starwood Platinum
Easter Travel Help

Hey there!

I was initially unable to travel during Easter but now I can get way for the long weekend. Anyone know of any sales coming up where I would be able to get some decent prices to the US or anyplace hot??
Old Feb 13, 2016, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by WonderPink
Hey there!

I was initially unable to travel during Easter but now I can get way for the long weekend. Anyone know of any sales coming up where I would be able to get some decent prices to the US or anyplace hot??

Easter AND sales are words that don't go together.

There might be a sale at Easter for later travel but unlikely for flights over the Easter period.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear

There might be a sale at Easter for later travel but unlikely for flights over the Easter period.
Arrghhh. I was hoping not to hear that as an answer but glad you gave me a bit of a reality check...ok so what do you think is the best time to get deals for travel at the end of the year?
Old Feb 13, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by WonderPink
Arrghhh. I was hoping not to hear that as an answer but glad you gave me a bit of a reality check...ok so what do you think is the best time to get deals for travel at the end of the year?
Same story as Easter, if you mean Christmas and New Year period.

People have time off and need to visit family and friends. Airline ticket prices are governed by supply and demand. At peak times (for UK: Easter, Christmas and other school holidays), bargain fates will be few and far between.

If you want to travel at Christmas, my advice would be to find out price of lowest fare bucket for dates and destination that you want and when you see it, book it. Chances of a sale fare at that time are remote.

I also note that in another thread you have asked about open jaw fares. In my view, unless you have a specific requirement for an open jaw or are aware of a bargain fare construction, adding in complications like that will up the price. Clearly ex-EU is a very different thing, and will usually offer a much better deal.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold

I'd dispute this somewhat - most of the exEU sales over the past few months have specifically covered the long Easter weekend. I've got a great US from DUB covering six flights and both east and west coast for £800. I don't expect there to be another though as only six weeks away
Old Feb 13, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist

I dont agree with that at all. The ex-EU DUB fares have had great deals for the less popular business times of the year- Easter, July and August. In fact I have got an ex DUB flight to MIA departing on Maundy Thursday for £800 returning two weeks later. This is prime school holiday time as Easter is early this year. Of course I booked back in November so doubt the OP will get much now but to say Easter and sale don't go hand in hand isn't really right.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 10:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I'd dispute this somewhat - most of the exEU sales over the past few months have specifically covered the long Easter weekend. I've got a great US from DUB covering six flights and both east and west coast for £800. I don't expect there to be another though as only six weeks away
Indeed, as you and others noted pretty much all exEU sales include Easter - I have used them over the last few years for various holidays to the US.

Currently no exEU sales, just the more expensive exEU advanced promotion fares - details in the TP run thread wiki. The last sale finished earlier this month so we may get another before Easter - but not guaranteed.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
I'm no great expert on the sales, but think it depends what cabin you want to travel in. Sales for premium cabins to (primarily) non-leisure premium cabin destinations would generally include Easter and other school holiday periods, as mentioned above. Sales for WT may not, as with some recent sales which extended over Christmas 2016 travel period in J, but stopped before school holidays in Y.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 2:39 pm
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Easter Travel Help

You can always do an exUK J class trip on Iberia to anywhere in Spain (think AGP, BIO, VLC and more...) for ~£330.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FrancisA

I also note that in another thread you have asked about open jaw fares. In my view, unless you have a specific requirement for an open jaw or are aware of a bargain fare construction, adding in complications like that will up the price. Clearly ex-EU is a very different thing, and will usually offer a much better deal.
Yes, I have specific dates and am open to flying out of another EU airport but prefer to fly back to LHR if possible. I've been playing around with different segments on my dates and I think I def don't understand the fare construction because all my results coming up are so expensive grrr.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 11:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
If you are looking at this as a TP run then by all means post more details in the main thread and others are sure to offer assistance. Alternatively, give some details here regarding planned dates, destination, cabin etc and others may be able to give some pointers with regard to specific dates that may be available.

Edit. Reading again I can see you are open to US. Can you leave before Goid Friday or return slightly later?
Old Feb 18, 2016, 1:12 pm

If you putting LHR as your return destination, they are higher. Going back to ex-EU would make it less expensive. Read the various threads on whether not flying the final leg from LHR to ex-EU will cause problems.

I always fly the last leg as Dub is quicker for me to get back home from that LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.