Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Sad News re corporate-wage-slave [He's flying economy for the first time very soon!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sad News re corporate-wage-slave [He's flying economy for the first time very soon!]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2016, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
YC is coming back before me, given that Lent this year starts on Wednesday.
Sir, Lent always starts on a Wednesday.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:10 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Is YC going to SVG again by himself?
Old Feb 8, 2016, 11:40 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by :D!
Is YC going to SVG again by himself?
This is a great point. In our indulgence, we've completely overlooked YC's predicament without the guiding hand of c-w-s on his shoulder.

How will he manage to re-pack his bag? Will he even manage HBO? How will he cope if he has an immediate turnaround at SVG?

Worst of all, how on earth is it possible to survive Y without any sort of lounge access to soften the blow?

#prayforYC
Old Feb 9, 2016, 12:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Could the return trip be YC's sacrifice for Lent? Myself, I'd rather give up religion for Lent.

BTW, I've been in Madrid, NM (but not the one in Iowa) as well as Spain. There's a Jersy City not surprisingly in NJ but I don't think you can find many sheep there (except the human kind).
Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond
Perhaps YC is going to drop the final sector (heaven forbid)
Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:01 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Loving the thread, ^

Knowing c-w-s he is doing MAD and JER and likely home each night in NCL (not always with BA) and then back across for the return for 6 hours before some trip to the Far East the same day being business as usual. You don't rack up 400k miles a year doing straight returns twice a month, nor the TP totals he gets (which incidentally, he once told me is not BA's highest so there is a lurker that does even more ridiculous mileage)...

As with many things the truth is out there if you can stop him long enough to have a word (with a damn fine down to earth chap it has to be said, just be wary of a bloke asking you to pose laying down to show the leg room in CW on the 787 or some such!!! I'm joking!
Old Feb 11, 2016, 7:09 am

Are we getting an update or is c-w-s hoping everyone has forgotten about this supposed 'tale of woe'?
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:10 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Well I haven't forgotten about it, that's for sure. I'm still in WT on a 787 tomorrow from YYZ to London. However the flight is filling up:

J4 C1 W1 Y5 B3 H0 K0 M0 G0 (USA PoS).
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:22 am

Well I haven't forgotten about it, that's for sure. I'm still in WT on a 787 tomorrow from YYZ to London. However the flight is filling up:

I assumed you had done the return given you posted from LGW earlier today?

Then again, one shouldn't assume normal flying behaviour where c-w-s is involved.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:24 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I assumed you had done the return given you posted from LGW earlier today?

Then again, one shouldn't assume normal flying behaviour where c-w-s is involved.
Oh come on Hiddy, that was hours ago! I am at Clapham Junction en route to T5 now.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:32 am

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb

Still some seats in the front

Ah, it will be interesting to see how you will weasel out of this
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:56 am

Oh come on Hiddy, that was hours ago! I am at Clapham Junction en route to T5 now.
Hardly surprising I can't keep up with your lifestyle given my own. Takes me three hours of lounging about in the morning before the brain starts to function at all. All that rushing about you do is totally alien to me.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 10:03 am

Programs: BA Silver
Thought I may have seen you in the JER lounge this afternoon but I presume you did B2B on the lunchtime flight.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 10:16 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
In all seriousness, I cannot comprehend spending so much time in the air as C-W-S does. It would kill me all those different time zones and criss crossing the Atlantic.
I don't know either where he gets the time to fit the day job in!!

Last edited by G-BUSI; Feb 11, 2016 at 10:17 am Reason: typo
Old Feb 11, 2016, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
You would expect the man to be less worried about flying cattle class. Or do his sheep also fly upfront?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.