Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Stavanger back to back - a short pictorial guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stavanger back to back - a short pictorial guide

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2016, 6:35 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Ought to add my thanks to cws and others. Our b2b at SVG was fine.

Incidentally great also for buying duty free at Heathrow carrying it to SVG and back and then leaving in the car avoiding flying with it to the USA. We have not purchased chanel that cheap for several years.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 6:45 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Ought to add my thanks to cws and others. Our b2b at SVG was fine.

Incidentally great also for buying duty free at Heathrow carrying it to SVG and back and then leaving in the car avoiding flying with it to the USA. We have not purchased chanel that cheap for several years.
Now then, that's an idea...
Old Jul 7, 2016, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Now then, that's an idea...
I thought everyone did this. There are some good deals to be had with an non-EU boarding pass at LHR duty free on spirits.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 10:24 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OWS)
It appears BA are dropping one of the two SVG rotations from late October onwards. As far as I can tell, from 30 October the early morning BA744/745 is no more, leaving only the later BA746/747. I don't know what that slot will now be used for.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 12:52 am

Programs: BA, VS
Sorry if this has been asked before, but should an airport such as Stavanger (or any of the other popular back-to-back locations) introduce a LHR style conformance system, would the ability to do back-to-back disappear?
Old Jul 21, 2016, 1:01 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by mjuler
Sorry if this has been asked before, but should an airport such as Stavanger (or any of the other popular back-to-back locations) introduce a LHR style conformance system, would the ability to do back-to-back disappear?
Well, yes, in theory - but I would say the chance of SVG or BGO doing this is so remote as to not be worth worrying about.

They are very different animals to LHR - small airports, relatively few flights, I'd think plenty of spare capacity (on aircraft movements - BGO is over-capacity for passengers, so is building a new terminal to improve this) - so there's much less pressure to get things away on time because the next slot is more readily available than it is at LHR. There's absolutely no need for a conformance model, which is designed to make sure flights are not being held for passengers (and their checked baggage) who have no chance of making the flight under normal circumstances, and allowing decisions such as offloading (or more likely non-loading) of baggage to be done much earlier.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Aug 28, 2016 at 4:13 am
Old Aug 28, 2016, 2:23 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
Just got back from our first ex-EU trip, which included a back to back at Stavanger (using the BA746 / BA747 rotations).

No major comments other than to say that this really is as idiot proof as the picture guide suggests. Get off the inbound, sit down in the gate for 20 minutes, get on again.

Our trip was made easier by a top-drawer check in agent at LHR who grappled with FLY for a good 30 mins to print tags enabling our checked backs to go straight to our final destination saving us having to pay for storage at Heathrow during the B2B. She also issued boarding passes for all 5 legs including the B2B.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 2:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Yep. The boarding passes can be done. Our extra ones were printed in the lounge as we were overnighting at LHR after SVG to get a morning flight to the USA.

As you say almost idiot proof. We did the reverse on the return overnighted and popped to svg and back the next morning. Could have skipped it but chose to do it as we wanted some more perfume on offer at LHR. Seems a bit weird buying duty free and putting it in the car 5 hours later.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Anyone successfully managed to check in bags before taking the outbound leg of your ex-EU recently?
Old Sep 25, 2016, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Might there be some recent reports in the main thread? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...tinations.html

I thought I had posted in it to that effect. Anyway, if late July is "recently" enough ...
Old Sep 26, 2016, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Might there be some recent reports in the main thread? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...tinations.html

I thought I had posted in it to that effect. Anyway, if late July is "recently" enough ...
^ Thanks. Was looking for that thread but didn't have it bookmarked.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Sadly, with the arrival at LHR today of BA747, the availability of SVG as a back-to-back point has ended, as BA has indefinitely suspended the SVG route with effect from the beginning of the northern winter 2017/8 season which starts tomorrow.

See BA.com - no direct flights from London to BGO or SVG [suspended from 28 Oct 2017] for more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.