Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need 50 TP to earn Silver

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2016, 4:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Being pedantic the membership year is different from the tier point collection year, but the 1 April reference implies a TP collection year ends 8 February
You are quite correct, however the OP seemed to imply they had to travel in advance of the TP cutoff date to give the TPs time to post before the cutoff date. Perhaps I had misread the OP's intention.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 4:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by kanderson1965
You are quite correct, however the OP seemed to imply they had to travel in advance of the TP cutoff date to give the TPs time to post before the cutoff date. Perhaps I had misread the OP's intention.
Think you're right in that - I just didn't want OP thinking they had an extra 2 months to collect the TPs if they were confused about dates. Think we've all had enough problems with BA agents around different definitions of "year"
Old Jan 8, 2016, 1:12 am

Another, slightly cheaper (but more fun!) way to 50TPs. Courtesy of a post this morning on Raffles' blog:

1) Book this (http://www.headforpoints.com/2016/01...usiness-class/) £92 one-way MAD-FRA, on LAN, in Business (787, long-haul flat bed business class, 40TPs)

2) Book two cheap ET one-ways on BA or IB (UK-MAD, FRA-UK) - about £40ish each, 5TPs each.

Et voile - 50TPs for around £170, and you get to try out the LAN long haul business seat.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 1:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; ITA Platinum; HH Gold
I clearly have too much time on my hands...

Check out Iberia's site. You could fly on the way out via Madrid in Business to Bilbao with IB and then fly economy back to LHR on the BA direct flight...keenly priced below £200 with 65 tier points.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 2:52 am

Programs: BA GGL; Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Virazuno
Another, slightly cheaper (but more fun!) way to 50TPs. Courtesy of a post this morning on Raffles' blog:

1) Book this (http://www.headforpoints.com/2016/01...usiness-class/) £92 one-way MAD-FRA, on LAN, in Business (787, long-haul flat bed business class, 40TPs)

2) Book two cheap ET one-ways on BA or IB (UK-MAD, FRA-UK) - about £40ish each, 5TPs each.

Et voile - 50TPs for around £170, and you get to try out the LAN long haul business seat.
Has anyone done the LAN MAD-FRA flight back to back at FRA? Turnaround time is 1hr 40m and it's non-Schengen. Is this safely do-able HBO?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 4:43 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by gorps1
Has anyone done the LAN MAD-FRA flight back to back at FRA? Turnaround time is 1hr 40m and it's non-Schengen. Is this safely do-able HBO?
I've read some trip reports on airliners.net about this trip with different combinations of flights to Madrid and from Frankfurt, it's doable in a day. I'm planning on taking this trip myself in April, seems like a good way to get 50TP and a new aircraft type in FlightDiary.

If LAN use the same terminal at FRA as BA, shouldn't be a problem. I did LHR-FRA-LHR on a BA A380 on a staff standby ticket in 2014 and had plenty of time to get off, check in and go through passport control and security before getting back on the same aircraft. (I know, I'm a saddo).
Old Jan 8, 2016, 5:08 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Nimrod1965
If LAN use the same terminal at FRA as BA, shouldn't be a problem. I did LHR-FRA-LHR on a BA A380 on a staff standby ticket in 2014 and had plenty of time to get off, check in and go through passport control and security before getting back on the same aircraft. (I know, I'm a saddo).
LAN now uses Terminal 1 B, so the main older central bit, rather than BA's Terminal 2 D, the newer bit on the side. Still while FRA is not the best airport for transfers it should still be do-able. Being a larger jet, even if it's late it will still need a hefty turnaround time at FRA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.