Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA - The 2016 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2016, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi

It would be OT,but the guy had BA Gold tags on his hand baggage.
Ah but i already knew that.

I think it must be in the T&Cs of Gold membership somewhere that i've never seen. If flying CX you must carry a monagrammed Tumi rollaboard with your Gold tags prominently displayed and act like you own the airline.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 9:17 pm

Programs: MUCCI du gingembre cinquant, CAMRA
"I am a oneworld Emerald,I am entitled to First Class check in".
In an emergency evacuation would this gentleman insist on being evacuated from the Front door only?!
Old Jan 31, 2016, 9:21 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by ginger50
In an emergency evacuation would this gentleman insist on being evacuated from the Front door only?!
Of course.Why live if you can't even use the F door in an emergency as a BA GOLD?
Old Jan 31, 2016, 11:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
What an enormous egomaniac that guy is. The tags for me are completely useless on hand baggage? What do they actually do apart from alert others to your status. I have mine on my hold baggage, so in case they go missing, at least that is an extra way of identifying my bag. I have never had mine on my carry on's, when I was gold before, silver and won't be changing that when I shortly become gold again.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 11:57 pm

Was checking in this morning for a CX flight at HKG in town check in. There were 3 counters open: 1xF ;1xJ ;1xY. There were pax being checked in at both J and F counters,but the Y counter was free.

I was behind a gentleman and when he approached the top of the queue,the agent from Y desk called him over,to which he replied:"I am a oneworld Emerald,I am entitled to First Class check in". The agent told him that she would happily check him in,as the other desks are busy processing other customers.He refused and kept waiting for the F desk to finish processing the other customer. I quickly approached the Y desk and I was done with check in before the F desk started processing him.

It would be OT,but the guy had BA Gold tags on his hand baggage.

I mean,why are some people happy to waste their time and the time of others,just to be able to check in at the F desk?
Status really goes to some people's heads......

Just be thankful that his pigheadedness allowed you with quicker check-in formalities ^
Old Feb 1, 2016, 1:14 am

Programs: BAEC, A3 M&B
I mean,why are some people happy to waste their time and the time of others,just to be able to check in at the F desk?
Thanks for sharing this hilarious combination of entitlement and stupidity Glad you benefited from it...
Old Feb 1, 2016, 9:07 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Can we drop the tags and get back to your travel DYKWIA stories please.
+1

Not a BA story (but crucially it does not involve luggage tags)

A large family (about 5) were taking an age checking in at the counter (and of course only 1 counter was open at the time)

The chap in front of me looked "hot and bothered" possibly even slightly "tired and emotional" and walk to the a member of staff and said something along the lines of "I'm a gold member, someone needs to check me in now or I will miss my flight. I'm only in this line because the check-in machine said there's was something wrong with my booking, You need to do something now, I'm a gold frequent flyer etc." with a lot of gesturing, really quite aggressive.

The Lady just said "if you're a gold member, you should know how it works then. There's the manager at the service desk, you can go and talk to her". If she had been a BA member a Gold ticket could have been in order.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 3:28 pm
nvh

Originally Posted by Worcester
The Lady just said "if you're a gold member, you should know how it works then. There's the manager at the service desk, you can go and talk to her". If she had been a BA member a Gold ticket could have been in order.
I never knew that
Old Feb 3, 2016, 6:23 am

Programs: BAEC GCH, Virgin Flying Club SCH
Originally Posted by Worcester
The chap in front of me looked "hot and bothered" possibly even slightly "tired and emotional" and walk to the a member of staff and said something along the lines of "I'm a gold member, someone needs to check me in now or I will miss my flight.
'Gold Member' being the operative term........
Old Feb 7, 2016, 6:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
On a flight back to LHR last night, feeling a little bored with the lounge, I decided to head down to the gate a little early to people watch.

Everybody was sat, until one guy (wearing shades indoors and at night I'd like to add) marches up to the front of the fast track. As I was within ear shot, the gate agents ask if they could help, to which he replies that he's getting ready to board. They say that we wouldn't be boarding for another ten minutes but he had his place in the non existent queue and wasn't prepared to budge. Anyway boarding starts, and off he goes.

Fast forward to arrival at LHR and theres a bit of a queue at border control. As we had been bussed to T5 I had managed to get ahead of him. It wasn't a major hold up as we were still moving, and I couldn't help but notice he was trying to shove his way past me as we were walking. I decided to take up just a little bit more room, which he then says "excuse me, I flew in business class, you were in economy - I should be in front". I replied along the lines of "that ends the moment you step off the plane - now its every man for himself". He then decides to vent his frustration at the helpers dressed in purple, complaining that they're purposely sending people the long way around. Eventually he does manage to shove his way to the front of one of the four E-Passport readers that were in operation (but thats a different story) and manages to get ahead of me. Until he got held up behind a family on the escalator and I managed to overtake on the stairs... He still wasn't happy though as he then got past the family on the escalator and ran down it.

Of course, I could put it down to the fact he was rushing for a train/plane/bus/whatever, but that still doesn't explain why he had to be the very first on board.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by jwhite9185
but that still doesn't explain why he had to be the very first on board.
He has a bronze card.....he's entitled
Old Feb 7, 2016, 12:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Perhaps he was a Diamond member.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:19 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat Amb
Had another DYKWIA last week.

He was sitting in 21C in WT+ on a 777 so next to the curtain.

He became increasingly annoyed with the cc coming through the curtain 'without opening it first' and 'brushing a curtain that is extremely dirty past his leg' and 'being shown no respect'.

Eventually it errupted with waving hands and raised voices before the CSD had to be called. Which included the line 'I've earnt 3000TP's this year and should be shown some respect'
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Good one, PantsFlyer ^

I had great sympathy for the poor souls who are in the front row of the UD in CW on the A380 (50A or 50K) ... every bog-trotter either hits them with the curtain or trips over their feet. That has to be the worst-designed layout going!
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:25 pm

Programs: BAEC, Etihad Guest, Platinum Tesco Tart
Originally Posted by kanderson1965
Perhaps he was a Diamond member.
Perhaps he was a Country Member.

Sorry... Mods please delete if inappropriate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.