Community
Wiki Posts
Search

is ba the worst airline on earth?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2015, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

is ba the worst airline on earth?

I sure would like to get rid of my ba miles. every year I try to fly to Europe from usa and they NEVER have seats and if they do their is a ten hour lay over, or u have to transfer airports. last year finally ba found me a seat (yes u have to call an operator because their web site is useless).. and for a one way trip to Italy from usa. they wanted 400 dollars in tax for the London airport. now I know why the usa separated from england in 1776. what a joke ba is. I have been collecting miles from them for over 12 years and have yet to get any decent flight option from them. thier website is useless. if I want a Europe flight on united. it takes 3 minutes of searching on their site for success.

Last edited by yogavnture; Nov 27, 2015 at 8:27 pm Reason: sp
Old Nov 27, 2015, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll take your BA miles off your hands.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 8:44 pm

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by yogavnture
I sure would like to get rid of my ba miles. every year I try to fly to Europe from usa and they NEVER have seats and if they do their is a ten hour lay over, or u have to transfer airports. last year finally ba found me a seat (yes u have to call an operator because their web site is useless).. and for a one way trip to Italy from usa. they wanted 400 dollars in tax for the London airport. now I know why the usa separated from england in 1776. what a joke ba is. I have been collecting miles from them for over 12 years and have yet to get any decent flight option from them. thier website is useless. if I want a Europe flight on united. it takes 3 minutes of searching on their site for success.
Did it take you 12 years to reach this conclusion ????

I am taking my kids to SFO for Christmas on Avios. I have a paid J ticket from Istanbul and they have J from LHR on Avios so we have 3 tkts for 2.5K in J paid/Avios.

Maybe you should spend longer having a look around as there are often things you want if you take the time
Old Nov 27, 2015, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Good Bye Cruel Airline.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 8:50 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Indeed, the cost of redemption flights on BA was a major factor in the unrest that led to the Boston tea party "no YQ taxation without seat representation".

The good news is that BA now say that they release at least 2 seats in CW on every flight, normally at 355 days out, so if you are on the ball you can usually get a seat. In terms of onward SH connections to Europe it can be better to book whatever is available at the time of the LH flight and then keep an eye on availability for more convenient times to change to later.

The other thing to consider given the problems you have had is whether you are better collecting miles in a different program? But then people often find that the ease of collection of miles is inversely proportional to ease of their use.

Good luck anyway!
Old Nov 27, 2015, 8:51 pm

Perhaps do some yoga. Regarding flight redemptions, you're either not doing it right or not trying very hard. Sure, it's not "easy" but it's certainly not impossible.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 8:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Not the best but certainly not the worst IMHO. YQ and the website are without doubt 2 of the worst features but there are a few (diminishing) hotspots in there just like all the others.

If you're struggling to spend your avios have a look at hotel redemptions which are much more available and, with a bit of time spent and care taken, often represent good value. You can then spend the money you've saved on the flights.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Seems you don't like BA or any of their cohorts and also have a dislike of United airlines. Is there an airline you do like?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:54 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Seems you don't like BA or any of their cohorts and also have a dislike of United airlines. Is there an airline you do like?
The OP didn't indicate any problem with UA, in fact was praising their ease with Europe redemptions (which I have no idea is justified or not).

OP - interested as to why you have kept crediting to BAEC for so long if this is such an issue to you. Is there something else about the programme that you do like, which meant you stayed? Otherwise, why didn't you credit to, for example, AA? You don't mention if the Avios were actually earned flying on BA, so I'm curious.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 12:33 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I read the OP's other posts.

Originally Posted by Oaxaca
The OP didn't indicate any problem with UA, in fact was praising their ease with Europe redemptions (which I have no idea is justified or not).

OP - interested as to why you have kept crediting to BAEC for so long if this is such an issue to you. Is there something else about the programme that you do like, which meant you stayed? Otherwise, why didn't you credit to, for example, AA? You don't mention if the Avios were actually earned flying on BA, so I'm curious.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your information is outdated. Her/his latest post asserts that UA and its alliance are the best airline(s).
Old Nov 28, 2015, 12:46 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
So did I, and took their praise of UA twice today (which makes for 50% of their lifetime post count to date) to be their most current opinion. Perhaps in a year they will like BA too...
Old Nov 28, 2015, 12:47 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Originally Posted by Calchas
Your information is outdated. Her/his latest post asserts that UA and its alliance are the best airline(s).
Well say no more! United? Really? You're havin' a larf.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yogavnture
.... and for a one way trip to Italy from USA. they wanted 400 dollars in tax for the London airport....
The $400 will not be for London airport and most will not be a tax.
BA have known carrier impossed cash surcharge on award flights
Do not confuse real taxes with carrier impossed cash surcharges (=profit).
Those that do are being taken as fools by the airlines.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
How apt that we had this yesterday: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...n-popcorn.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.