Search

BA 747-400 is still in PHX?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2015, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
BA 747-400 is still in PHX?

What happened the flight is canceled by last night? I saw 747-400 is still at the gates this morning. I was on the way to work. What is going on? Does anyone know about it?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by N830MH
Does anyone know about it?
A handful of people might know that something's happened, but I'm sure it's very hush hush top secret:-
Or, in other words, just another normal day in the life of a big airline.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 2:50 am

Programs: BAEC
I took that flight only once in January. Got to the bagage drop and was told my seat's IFE was n/s. Luckily I managed to get another aisle seat. I was right at the back of Y , where seats are in pair, and my neighbour's IFE was down... I told her my own"IFE down/had to chnage seat" story, and in turn she told me she was a regular on that route and her view was that this was the "cr***est" A/C in the fleet, always delayed (by 4hrs on her previous flight) and always something not working..
Looks like she may have had a point..
Old Nov 27, 2015, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kruisler
... and in turn she told me she was a regular on that route and her view was that this was the "cr***est" A/C in the fleet, always delayed (by 4hrs on her previous flight) and always something not working..
Looks like she may have had a point..
What, all 24 aircraft? (That have flown the route since 1 June 2015.)
Old Nov 27, 2015, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
What, all 24 aircraft? (That have flown the route since 1 June 2015.)
A quick look at Flightstats would probably say yes to that. Utterly abysmal on-time performance.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 4:38 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by Kgmm77
A quick look at Flightstats would probably say yes to that. Utterly abysmal on-time performance.
Sadly the rating recently improved, from 0.2/5 to 1.2/5. BA is showing a 20 hour delay on the flight and that it arrived at LHR on Friday morning instead of Thursday night. It's unclear if they rebooked passengers or made them wait.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 6:05 am

Programs: BA Gold
She is an old girl, and just wanted to take a break and relax in the sun for a bit
Old Nov 27, 2015, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I'm booked on BA289 next year with a short connection (95 min) to Mexico (AA flight). I have monitored the performance of this flight and now realise that we may not make that connection if the flight is late as usual, i.e. we will have to be rebooked to the following day - or via LAX later that night. The only positive thing is that EU 261/04 compensation is likely to kick in if the flight arrives PHX below MCT.

BA staff at PHX to do the rebooking, issue hotel vouchers etc?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 6:35 am

Programs: AA Plat, various hotels
Originally Posted by SK AAR
I'm booked on BA289 next year with a short connection (95 min) to Mexico (AA flight). I have monitored the performance of this flight and now realise that we may not make that connection if the flight is late as usual, i.e. we will have to be rebooked to the following day - or via LAX later that night. The only positive thing is that EU 261/04 compensation is likely to kick in if the flight arrives PHX below MCT.

BA staff at PHX to do the rebooking, issue hotel vouchers etc?
While I have experienced the poor performance of 288 and 289 several times, I would point out that immigration at PHX is normally pretty quick so a late arrival may not put your connection in jeopardy.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gatwick Alan
While I have experienced the poor performance of 288 and 289 several times, I would point out that immigration at PHX is normally pretty quick so a late arrival may not put your connection in jeopardy.
Should I worried about my flight coming home? If the flight is on-time. I don't want to be late. Security have to stepped up. No more wait for 10 minutes at security checkpoints.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Ok, guys. I got information from Facebok. It was someone who told me about the flight was canceled a few night ago. Due to a mechanical problems. Other passengers who rebooking for another flight and 25 passengers who flown it out for next days. You guys have to stop playing on the computer.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok, guys. I got information from Facebok. It was someone who told me ... You guys have to stop playing on the computer.
Oh, the irony.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 2:17 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Oh, the irony.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 3:52 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Ok, guys. I got information from Facebok. It was someone who told me about the flight was canceled a few night ago. Due to a mechanical problems. Other passengers who rebooking for another flight and 25 passengers who flown it out for next days. You guys have to stop playing on the computer.
If you'd read the links helpfully supplied, you wouldn't have needed Facebook...
Old Nov 28, 2015, 3:56 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by SK AAR
I'm booked on BA289 next year with a short connection (95 min) to Mexico (AA flight). I have monitored the performance of this flight and now realise that we may not make that connection if the flight is late as usual...
Arrival delays (actual - scheduled, in minutes) for BA289 so far in November:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.