Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA 747-400 is still in PHX?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2015, 5:48 am

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
Interesting stats, presented in a more friendly way than some of the internet sites.
Two things:
i) Is this showing landing time delay, or at-the-gate delay times? (PHX can involve 15 minute trundles after landing);
ii) Are the two days 7th and 26th implying on-time or cancelled / No Data?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: BA Gold. Kangorucci. NZGE.KLM Gold. VS gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
If you'd read the links helpfully supplied, you wouldn't have needed Facebook...
Or the South African version Facebok
Old Nov 28, 2015, 2:02 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by littlefish
Interesting stats, presented in a more friendly way than some of the internet sites.
Two things:
i) Is this showing landing time delay, or at-the-gate delay times? (PHX can involve 15 minute trundles after landing);
ii) Are the two days 7th and 26th implying on-time or cancelled / No Data?
1) Good question; BA/IAG's documentation does not mention this. Need to compare with other sources...

2) The 7th is my fault - I was travelling and therefore unable to collect the data that day. The 26th is related with the long delay highlighted in this thread. I am not sure how the BA/IAG source would report a days-old arrival.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by ftdashboard
1) Good question; BA/IAG's documentation does not mention this. Need to compare with other sources...

2) The 7th is my fault - I was travelling and therefore unable to collect the data that day. The 26th is related with the long delay highlighted in this thread. I am not sure how the BA/IAG source would report a days-old arrival.
Actually your data for the 26th wouldn't really be accurate as 289 wasn't delayed by much, it was the 288 that was nightstopped.

I can confirm that the 23rd arrived a few minutes early. This time of year is very favorable for BA at PHX with the fall schedule change. The later arrival usually means an eastbound arrival and a westbound departure, so one of the shortest taxi times possible for any airport really. Though it does mean flying around the airport, but that's usually faster than the taxi to the other end of the runway.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by dylanks
Actually your data for the 26th wouldn't really be accurate as 289 wasn't delayed by much, it was the 288 that was nightstopped.
Ah true, I think I get it now. For any flight, BA's API allows for querying dep/arr times for day N, but this data is only available until 23:59 GMT on day N+1. Therefore, if the 288 departure is delayed long enough, the actual time would only finally be observable on day N+2 GMT, no longer available through the API.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by ftdashboard
Arrival delays (actual - scheduled, in minutes) for BA289 so far in November:

That's not good! Not excused for that. They have improved on-time performance. Don't try to be late.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 6:19 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by N830MH
That's not good! Not excused for that. They have improved on-time performance. Don't try to be late.
Keep in mind this is the best it has been in a while. With the winter schedule change BA increased the schedule padding by 10 or 20 minutes. Due to the departure time from LHR, PHX seems to feel the impact of crew timeouts or earlier flights having tech delays leading to aircraft swaps. This is based on my opinion of watching this route for years and not based on first hand knowledge, so it's just "informed speculation".
Old Nov 28, 2015, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by dylanks
Keep in mind this is the best it has been in a while. With the winter schedule change BA increased the schedule padding by 10 or 20 minutes. Due to the departure time from LHR, PHX seems to feel the impact of crew timeouts or earlier flights having tech delays leading to aircraft swaps. This is based on my opinion of watching this route for years and not based on first hand knowledge, so it's just "informed speculation".
Yes, you're right. I didn't even know that. I don't understand why the flight crews want to leave from works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.