Wiki Posts
Search

AA Mobile Boarding Pass Crediting to BAEC

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2015, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Marriott Platinum
AA Mobile Boarding Pass Crediting to BAEC

I decided to use a mobile boarding pass for an upcoming AA flight just to test it out and out of boredom decided to scan the barcode. When I scanned the AA boarding pass, it had my BAEC number but with the AA prefix rather than the BA prefix. When checking into the Admirals Club the AAngel said "that number isn't an American number, which airline do you have status with?" I thought that it would automatically show my BA Silver/Sapphire status, but apparently not. I got paranoid about whether these flights would credit to my BAEC account.

So this is a long-winded way of asking: to those of you using mobile boarding passes for AA flights, have they credited to BAEC without issues?

Thanks!
Old Nov 24, 2015, 6:35 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by baflyer2
I decided to use a mobile boarding pass for an upcoming AA flight just to test it out and out of boredom decided to scan the barcode. When I scanned the AA boarding pass, it had my BAEC number but with the AA prefix rather than the BA prefix. When checking into the Admirals Club the AAngel said "that number isn't an American number, which airline do you have status with?" I thought that it would automatically show my BA Silver/Sapphire status, but apparently not. I got paranoid about whether these flights would credit to my BAEC account.

So this is a long-winded way of asking: to those of you using mobile boarding passes for AA flights, have they credited to BAEC without issues?

Thanks!
Yes, they credit without issue for me. Former US lounges have this issue, whereas former AA lounge access works with scanning the mobile boarding pass.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 6:47 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, DL Platinum
I use them all the time without incident. On the boarding pass in Passbook it usually shows 'OneWorld Emerald' above my name but on the details page calls it my 'AAdvantage' number. Always credit fine. American have credited my recent codeshares with Cathay and JAL very quickly too, which was a pleasant surprise.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond
I've flown on a few American flights; using the mobile boarding passes and all have credited automatically without any problems.

Interestingly on Japan Airlines, I upgraded to first for a small charge on the day and received all points/tier points for paying first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.